Author Topic: August 2022 : Tender operations  (Read 893 times)

Offline Isabelle Prondzynski

August 2022 : Tender operations
« on: Aug 03, 2022, 10:36 AM »
The theme for this month's photo competition is "Tender operations", chosen by Twynkle.

Photos should be taken during QE2's service life, from within the ship, on deck or even from shoreside. Photos should show at least a sliver of QE2 and / or her tenders.

There are quite a few tender photos already in the QE2 Story Gallery -- if you would like to use one of those for the competition, just let the Moderators know, and we can enter them for you, without removing them from their original albums.

Your description should if possible give some information about the location of the ship when the photo was taken, and the year.

Enjoy the search!

The prize this month is the DVD "The Leaving of Liverpool -- Farewell to the Queen", donated by me.

How to enter

The album is open -- so now is the time to look for your three most interesting pictures on this theme. Wishing you happy memories as you search your photo collection to find up to three pictures to upload to the competition album.

Photos entered must be your own, or if not, please mention the name of the photographer for copyright reasons, and so that the owner can win the prize!

This link will take you straight there : Tender operations.

If you have not uploaded photos to the Forum Gallery before, have a look at these instructions, and if you have any problems or would like us to move a photo from the Gallery into the competition, just contact us on admin@theqe2story.com.

If it helps, you could email the photos to this address, and we shall gladly upload them for you.

The deadline for submitting photos is 31 August 2022. Voting will run from 1 September 2022 until 1 October 2022, until everyone's time zone has caught up with the date.

We look forward to seeing your photos in this competition. 

This is the eleventh month of photos for the 2023 calendar. Maybe your photo will figure there!

Enjoy yourselves!  :)
« Last Edit: Sep 06, 2022, 09:40 AM by Lynda Bradford »

Online Lynda Bradford

Re: August 2022 : Tender operations
« Reply #1 on: Aug 07, 2022, 01:05 PM »
Looking forward to seeing lots of entries for this month's competition "Tender Operations".

If you need help uploading photos or want Isabelle or myself to upload photos on your behalf please contact us at admin@theqe2story.com

I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank

Online Chris Thompson

« Reply #2 on: Aug 08, 2022, 06:52 PM »
On my first ship a pamphlet would be delivered to all passenger cabins titled "Tender Procedures"...
the staff always thought that was rather sweet! :D

Offline John D Hobley FinstR

« Reply #3 on: Aug 26, 2022, 11:04 AM »
Hi Isabelle.
I have while uploading pictures to the Aug competition selected 4 pictures in error. As I do not know how to delete one at this point please feel free to delete as you feel best to remain fair at 3 pictures. I have shared all before anyway as sadly my pictures of this time are very limited. However, a great subject for the competition and once again a chance to reminisce those times. Bye John.

Offline Isabelle Prondzynski

« Reply #4 on: Aug 26, 2022, 12:23 PM »
Hi Isabelle.
I have while uploading pictures to the Aug competition selected 4 pictures in error. As I do not know how to delete one at this point please feel free to delete as you feel best to remain fair at 3 pictures. I have shared all before anyway as sadly my pictures of this time are very limited. However, a great subject for the competition and once again a chance to reminisce those times. Bye John.

Thank you very much, John, for letting me know. I have taken out a picture that resembled another one, and moved it to the Crew Memories - 1970s. Great looking photos of great looking and enthusiastic young crew -- and as you say, a pleasure for all of us to reminisce once again.