Author Topic: July 2023 : Onboard food  (Read 877 times)

Offline Isabelle Prondzynski

July 2023 : Onboard food
« on: Jul 04, 2022, 09:50 PM »
The theme for this month's photo competition is "Onboard food", chosen by me.

Photos should be taken during QE2's service life, within the ship. Each photo should show some food that was recognisably served on board QE2 (we will all recognise it easily, I believe!). Lots of delicious possibilities come to mind...

The topic is food -- it would have been food served onboard anywhere or on any occasion, from a formal meal to a Captain's reception, from the Afternoon Tea goodies to food served in cabin.

The description should if possible give some information about the location of the ship when the photo was taken, and the year.

Enjoy the search!

The prize this month is the DVD "Southampton City of Ships", donated by me.

How to enter

The album is open -- so now is the time to look for your three most interesting pictures on this theme. Wishing you happy memories as you search your photo collection to find up to three pictures to upload to the competition album.

Photos entered must be your own, or if not, please mention the name of the photographer for copyright reasons, and so that the owner can win the prize!

This link will take you straight there : Onboard food.

If you have not uploaded photos to the Forum Gallery before, have a look at these instructions, and if you have any problems, just contact us on admin@theqe2story.com.

If it helps, you could email the photos to this address, and we shall gladly upload them for you.

The deadline for submitting photos is 31 July 2022. Voting will run from 1 August 2022 until 1 September 2022, until everyone's time zone has caught up with the date.

We look forward to seeing your photos in this competition. 

This is the tenth month of photos for the 2023 calendar. Maybe your photo will figure there!

Enjoy yourselves!  :)

Online Lynda Bradford

Re: July 2023 : Onboard food
« Reply #1 on: Jul 05, 2022, 09:26 AM »
We all liked the food on QE2 so looking forward to seeing lots of photos of "Onboard Food"
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank

Offline skilly56

« Reply #2 on: Jul 05, 2022, 09:57 AM »
Show me a Beef Wellington, Please!!

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #3 on: Jul 11, 2022, 09:03 PM »
We don't have entries so far, however I remember that there were lots of people taking photos of the delicious food, so let's hope we see many tasty delights. 

It could be afternoon tea, dinner, buffet etc. 
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank

Offline Isabelle Prondzynski

« Reply #4 on: Jul 25, 2022, 10:47 PM »
I chose this topic... but it seems that I was the greedy one, always taking photos of the food being served and the food on my plate.

It would be great if we could get a few more entries, even just to make me feel a little bit less of a lone glutton hereā€¦