Author Topic: Cunard's new ship: Queen Anne  (Read 12461 times)

Offline cunardqueen

Re: Cunard's new ship: Queen Anne
« Reply #75 on: Apr 29, 2024, 04:32 PM »
I havent really followed anything of interest other than the bits on here, am l to understand they are naming her midway during a cruise ? Is this a new trend ?  or am l missing something ?
From the moment you first glimpsed the Queen,
 you just knew you were in for a very special time ahead.!

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
« Reply #76 on: May 10, 2024, 09:15 AM »
Ill be interested to hear a balanced review from one of our forum member Cunard regulars about QA.

People familiar with Cunard who were on the maiden voyage (which ended this morning I think) say there were some fairly serious food & service problems early on, but after day 4 it was fine.  Also lots of new staff, including some completely new to cruise ships  they thought it was maybe 50/50 between new and experienced.  I think some issues are to be expected, and I would suggest if you book a maiden voyage it is naive not to expect them to happen.

The bigger changes seem to be the promenade deck, which is apparently much smaller than QV/QE, with fewer sea views, and no steamer chairs at all!  That sounds to me quite shocking.  I would have thought a promenade deck with steamer chairs was part of the Cunard DNA and should have been built into the ships design from day 1...

The other big breaks from "normal" Cunard seem to be a total lack of memorabilia / ship paintings / ship models etc, and the much smaller Queens Room.  It was mentioned that this space is identical to that of a recent Holland America ship... I forget which one they said, but they have 3 Pinnacle Class cruise ships - Rotterdam, Nieuw Statendam and Koningsdam, just how similar to QA are these?  I remember one of the reasons the QV was switched to a new ship was so that they could incorporate a large QUeens Room as it was felt essential, so this seems another break from "Cunard DNA".  Is QA just a standard new Pinnacle Class ship, with different decor?
Passionate about QE2's service life for 40 years and creator of this website.  I have worked in IT for 28 years and created my personal QE2 website in 1994.

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #77 on: May 10, 2024, 11:24 AM »
Cunarders will find the new ship design completely new and time will tell if there is a preference for the traditional design of the QM2, QV or QE or the modern design of the Queen Anne. 

It looks like there are quite a few people from travel agents and travel influencers on the Maiden Cruise, who will not want to criticise.

People who have cruises planned on the new Queen Anne, will be exited about sailing on the new Cunarder.  It will be interesting to hear more reviews over the next few months.     

I felt there are interior design similarities such as the curved staircase on the Queen Anne, Holland America ships and P&O Britannia. Looking forward to hearing from people who have sailed with these cruise lines to see what they think and it will be interest to know if she attracts younger passengers, rather than golden oldies like myself. 

I like the promenade deck on QM2, QV and QE.  Not sure if I would like the Queen Anne Promenade deck having to look between lifeboats to see the sea.  Also is there a top deck to walk around, such as deck 10 on Queen Victoria.  I can see deck space with lounge chairs but not sure if you can promenade around the deck. 

I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
« Reply #78 on: May 23, 2024, 10:06 AM »
People will remember Pier Head event 'for the rest of their days' as new ship comes to Liverpool

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/people-remember-pier-head-event-29221692
Passionate about QE2's service life for 40 years and creator of this website.  I have worked in IT for 28 years and created my personal QE2 website in 1994.

Offline cunardqueen

« Reply #79 on: May 23, 2024, 09:14 PM »
It looks like there are quite a few people from travel agents and travel influencers on the Maiden Cruise, who will not want to criticise   

You don't bite the hand that feeds you .
From the moment you first glimpsed the Queen,
 you just knew you were in for a very special time ahead.!