Author Topic: January February 2022 : QE2 in all weathers  (Read 1918 times)

Online Isabelle Prondzynski

January February 2022 : QE2 in all weathers
« on: Jan 04, 2022, 09:47 PM »
The theme for this month's photo competition is "QE2 in all weathers", chosen by Dave Lowing, the winner of the August 2021 competition.

Photos should be taken during QE2's service life, from the ship, from another ship or from shoreside. Each photo should show at least a sliver of QE2 and some signs of the weather, and the description should if possible give some information about the location and the year. Lots of possibilities come to mind once one thinks about it...

Enjoy the search!

The prize this month is the brochure "Britain waves Goodbye", donated by Waverley.

Alternatively, Lynda is offering a copy of the 2022 Vistaprint calendar.

How to enter

The album is open -- so now is the time to look for your three most interesting pictures on this theme. Wishing you happy memories as you search your photo collection to find up to three pictures to upload to the competition album.

Photos entered must be your own, or if not, please mention the name of the photographer for copyright reasons, and so that the owner can win the prize!

This link will take you straight there : QE2 in all weathers.

If you have not uploaded photos to the Forum Gallery before, have a look at these instructions, and if you have any problems, just contact us on admin@theqe2story.com. You could even email the photos to this address, and we can upload them for you.

The deadline for submitting photos has been extended to 28 February 2022. Voting will run from 1 March 2022 until 1 April 2022, until everyone's time zone has caught up with the date.

We look forward to seeing your photos in this competition. 

This is the fourth month of photos for the 2023 calendar. Maybe your photo will figure there!

Enjoy yourselves!  :)
« Last Edit: Mar 03, 2022, 09:00 PM by Isabelle Prondzynski »

Online Lynda Bradford

Re: January 2022 : QE2 in all weathers
« Reply #1 on: Jan 06, 2022, 02:27 PM »
Theme for January competition QE2 in all weathers - looking forward to seeing your photos.
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank

« Reply #2 on: Jan 20, 2022, 08:29 PM »
Thomas and I are feeling a bit lonely in this competition -- there must be lots of photos around showing QE2 in all sorts of weathers.

Lots of possibilities arise... even the dullest day has some "weather"!

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Beautiful, elegant QE2 - forever Queen of the Seas
« Reply #3 on: Jan 25, 2022, 06:15 PM »
Please do add your photos to the gallery for “QE2 in All Weathers”. We only have a few photos, and this could really be an exciting gallery with QE2 in all kinds of weather.
QE2 - the ship for all of time, a ship of timeless beauty !

Offline Pete Hamill

« Reply #4 on: Jan 26, 2022, 11:04 AM »
I have managed to find some pictures taken in poorer weather for a change of scene. This may be one of the few topics where I get the chance to use these as most reflect warm, sunny days aboard!

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Beautiful, elegant QE2 - forever Queen of the Seas
« Reply #5 on: Jan 27, 2022, 07:57 PM »
Thanks very much, Pete, for adding your photos !

And to all, there is still time to enter three of your “all weather” photos to the competition.

I personally feel that with the anxiety from Covid along with individual and worldwide problems, perhaps we can get distracted from the joy that can be had in quality time with our QE2.

So, if you can, see if you can find some QE2 “weather” photos.

QE2 - the ship for all of time, a ship of timeless beauty !

« Reply #6 on: Jan 31, 2022, 06:13 AM »
Only 6 people have contributed photos to this month's competition -- and yet, this is one of the most open themes we have had!

QE2 in ALL weathers -- anyone who has taken pictures of or on QE2, when the weather shows, please share them with us so that they can become part of the photo competition and the Gallery. If you need an extra day or two, please tell us, and we can delay the poll.

If they are already in the Gallery, perhaps in a different photo competition, you can tell us, and we can attach them without the need to upload them again.

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #7 on: Jan 31, 2022, 01:08 PM »
Thanks for everyone who has uploaded photos so far.  Do you think we should allow an extension to the end time for uploading so as that members get more time to add photos to the album?
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank

Online Lynda Bradford

Re: January February 2022 : QE2 in all weathers
« Reply #8 on: Jan 31, 2022, 04:06 PM »
I have uploaded my three photos.  This is a good choice of theme as there are so many options, sun, rain, snow, cloudy whatever.
« Last Edit: Feb 07, 2022, 09:00 AM by Lynda Bradford »

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #9 on: Feb 07, 2022, 09:04 AM »
Have you noticed that the January competition is being extended into February, so you have until the 28 February to upload photos of QE2 in all weathers:

Sunshine
Rain
Fog
Wind
Sleet and Snow

Whether you were braving the elements, or basking in the sun, we want to see your photos of QE2 in all weathers uploaded to the competition album.
https://www.theqe2story.com/forum/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=271

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
« Reply #10 on: Feb 07, 2022, 12:12 PM »
I confess that i had taken the theme to mean "QE2 in especially interesting weathers" - I had a look through my photos and couldn't see any with interesting weather so decided not to post.

But now that you've explained and extended it I'll have another look!

Thanks.
Passionate about QE2's service life for 40 years and creator of this website.  I have worked in IT for 28 years and created my personal QE2 website in 1994.

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #11 on: Feb 15, 2022, 07:50 PM »
Just a little reminder that the QE2 in all weathers has been kept open for entries until the end of February.

Have a look at the useful information Isabelle has posted to help you upload photos

https://www.theqe2story.com/forum/index.php?topic=9863.msg117935#msg117935

......  and if you need any help send a message to admin@theqe2story.com

We would be very happy to upload photos for you if you would like to send up to three that meet the theme to our email address.

Lynda

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
« Reply #12 on: Feb 22, 2022, 07:05 PM »
I've just entered, finally.

Apologies for the delay!

You still have a few days to enter - remember it can be ANY weather.  So just any photo of QE2!  No excuses!
Passionate about QE2's service life for 40 years and creator of this website.  I have worked in IT for 28 years and created my personal QE2 website in 1994.

Poll for the January photo competition "QE2 Queens Room"

Started by Lynda BradfordBoard Archived Topics (older calendars)

Replies: 27
Views: 4193
Last post Feb 28, 2017, 11:53 PM
by Isabelle Prondzynski
Messages celebrating The QE2 Story's anniversary (25 January 2009)

Started by Lynda BradfordBoard Miscellaneous QE2

Replies: 48
Views: 4813
Last post Jan 26, 2023, 06:32 PM
by Rod
January 2019 : Bon Voyage -- QE2 as she sets sail for another voyage

Started by Isabelle ProndzynskiBoard Archived Topics (older calendars)

Replies: 4
Views: 1180
Last post Jan 31, 2019, 04:26 PM
by June Ingram
Waverley Presentation - Tuesday 11th January

Started by Clydebuilt1971Board PS Waverley

Replies: 3
Views: 2318
Last post Jan 12, 2011, 09:42 AM
by Alistair
14 January 2006 - QE2 in Curaçao

Started by Rob LightbodyBoard The 2000s