Author Topic: QE2 Get Togethers on board other Cunarders  (Read 13303 times)

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
Re: QE2 Get Togethers on board other Cunarders
« Reply #15 on: Apr 06, 2011, 03:38 PM »
I'm doing some new 'business cards' for the forum.

I've done one for our American friends in Avery 5371 size (blank business cards). You can just buy the blank sheet of cards, and print off your own.

However when i come to do the UK/European A4-sized ones, there are about 2 dozen options available - can someone tell me what the most popular size is!?  I also have lots of other makes available - just need some ideas of what options we should be making available.

Thanks!

- Rob.
« Last Edit: Apr 14, 2011, 02:35 PM by Rob Lightbody »
Passionate about QE2's service life for 40 years and creator of this website.  I have worked in IT for 28 years and created my personal QE2 website in 1994.

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
« Reply #16 on: Apr 07, 2011, 06:10 PM »
I have now added a new page onto the main website, with downloadable "business cards".

https://www.theqe2story.com/features/TQSPublicity.html
Passionate about QE2's service life for 40 years and creator of this website.  I have worked in IT for 28 years and created my personal QE2 website in 1994.

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #17 on: Apr 13, 2011, 08:25 PM »
I have my QE2 Story badge polished ready for QV cruise and QE2 story cards in my purse.  Now all I need is a QE2 Story get together onboard ship. 
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank

Offline Janice Naylor

« Reply #18 on: Apr 13, 2011, 11:47 PM »
Lynda - It will be interesting to hear how many passengers on the QV have a history w/the QE2.  I have a feeling you will find them ...  :)

Janice
Whenever I hear a sea story I think of the first time I saw the QE2 and the great adventures that followed.

Offline Isabelle Prondzynski

« Reply #19 on: Apr 13, 2011, 11:59 PM »
I have now added a new page onto the main website, with downloadable "business cards".

Rob, at the moment the two models will not open -- there seems to be a problem with the link.

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #20 on: Apr 14, 2011, 08:44 AM »
Lynda - It will be interesting to hear how many passengers on the QV have a history w/the QE2.  I have a feeling you will find them ...  :)

Janice

Last year on the QV Around Britain trip there were many ex QE2 passengers and I was glad I had taken some QE2 Story cards with me to give out as they were interested in hearing in how this forum was keeping the memory alive.   

QE2 passengers have migrated to QM2 then QV and I now the new QE.  The one thing I have found talking to these people is how much they love and miss the QE2. 
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
« Reply #21 on: Apr 14, 2011, 02:35 PM »
Rob, at the moment the two models will not open -- there seems to be a problem with the link.
It should be resolved now - can you please check for me?

Also - Any links for cards on the forum or website should now just point at that new web page - if anyone sees any other links, let me know so i can update them!  Thanks.

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #22 on: Apr 14, 2011, 03:41 PM »
If you click on the link an error message appears.  But if you click on the icon it works okay. 

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
« Reply #23 on: Apr 14, 2011, 04:27 PM »
If you click on the link an error message appears.  But if you click on the icon it works okay. 
Well spotted Lynda, thanks!!  Should be OK now.

Offline tdickson

« Reply #24 on: Nov 28, 2014, 05:44 PM »
Is there anyone at this very moment on board Queen Victoria from the forum, we booked very late and forgot to mention or post accordingly  If so we could say Hello

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
« Reply #25 on: Nov 28, 2014, 05:59 PM »
Is there anyone at this very moment on board Queen Victoria from the forum, we booked very late and forgot to mention or post accordingly  If so we could say Hello

Its never to late to nip down to the purser's desk and arrange a QE2 Story get together on board! :)

Offline Twynkle

« Reply #26 on: Nov 28, 2014, 10:28 PM »
Its never to late to nip down to the purser's desk and arrange a QE2 Story get together on board! :)

Exactly, as Rob says; and Hi!
It's great that you are going to do something for QE2 - specially with Rob's new article and for the 6th Anniversary of her time in Dubai. It's always a great opportunity to dispel any 'stories / rumours' that you might pick up - "Isn't she in Cape Town?' we heard that one, just 6 months ago on board QV!
As well as the Pursers Office, it would be good if you can have a chat with the Cruise Director to see if one of the Team can arrange a few chairs etc at one end of the Golden Lion or the Commodore Club, or the Winter Garden in the daytime for you -  you might find that the Social Hostess will join you too.

We usually try and make it for around 12.00 midday after the Captain's daily announcement or 3.00pm, if you do it later, it collides with Afternoon Tea, and later still with drinks for the Early Diners! Much will also depend on what else is happening on board.

A casual meet up like this is probably the easiest at short notice - and if the Cruise Director can send an email round the ship inviting any crew that might be interested, so much the better! (The Cabin Stewards won't come they sleep all the hours they can find, as their hours are so very long). There may or may not be the opportunity for it to go in the daily programme - Once you know the details, word of mouth helps enormously too!

If you can click on this link, and then print off one copy of this link (A4 size), you will find that the Pursers Office will be fine about photocopying say 2 or 3 copies - then you can cut them up and distribute them to anyone you meet!!

Good luck - and looking forward to hearing how it goes! Please don't feel too dispirited if not many people come - the few that do will love talking about their memories of QE2 - That's what really matters!!

There are very many Ex-QE2 Crew-members on QV!
Enjoy yourselves - have a lovely time on board.

Rosie

Offline CAP

« Reply #27 on: Nov 29, 2014, 01:53 PM »

Not on this voyage but interested to know why the change to QV's itinerary.  She was due in Barcelona but sailed on to Toulon instead.

Offline tdickson

« Reply #28 on: Nov 30, 2014, 02:02 PM »
To answer (CAPs) question, after an announcement by the capt it was decided due to incoming weather in the northern med I.E Toulon , after our call in Cartegna we would have an additional day at sea and go on to Livorno,then Corsica were we are as I type this, then on to Barcelona tomorrow followed by another sea day (QE 2 forum meeting see separate post) Gibraltar / sea day/ La Corona / sea day / Southampton

Offline tdickson

« Reply #29 on: Nov 30, 2014, 02:17 PM »
QE2 Get together is all arranged as follows:
After a little chat with the sports director  a friend of my wife's about the idea, she told us she would arrange a meeting with the entertainment director, within 10 minutes, he was with me, he gave me one date 2nd December (a Sea Day) two alternative times 11-12 or 3-4 he suggested the first for max attendance as it was before lunch and the second would be interrupted by afternoon tea. I agreed so he then gave me a choice of venues, either the Atlantic room or the Starboard side of the Commodore Club, I chose the later, I intend to speak to the book shop this afternoon after we sail, to request some prints of QE2 to display within the area .
Fingers crossed I'm not there on my own
PS it's being mentioned in the daily programme & hopefully also in the morning TV broadcast