Author Topic: November 2021 : Below stairs  (Read 1150 times)

Online Isabelle Prondzynski

November 2021 : Below stairs
« on: Nov 04, 2021, 06:29 PM »
The theme for this month's photo competition is "Below stairs", chosen by George C Griffiths, the winner of the July 2021 competition.

Photos should be taken during QE2's service life, within the ship or (possibly) from shoreside. Each photo should show at least a sliver of QE2, and the description should if possible give some information about the location and the year. Lots of possibilities come to mind once one thinks about it...

Enjoy the search!

The prize this month is the book "Queen Elizabeth 2" by William H Miller, donated by Rob Lightbody.

We have a topic about it here :

https://www.theqe2story.com/forum/index.php?topic=9685.0

Alternatively, depending on circumstances due to Covid-19 restrictions, June Ingram may be able to offer a jigsaw of the prizewinning photograph.

How to enter

The album is open -- so now is the time to look for your three most interesting pictures on this theme. Wishing you happy memories as you search your photo collection to find up to three pictures to upload to the competition album.

Photos entered must be your own, or if not, please mention the name of the photographer for copyright reasons, and so that the owner can win the prize!

This link will take you straight there : Below stairs.

If you have not uploaded photos to the Forum Gallery before, have a look at these instructions, and if you have any problems, just contact us on admin@theqe2story.com. You could even email the photos to this address, and we can upload them for you.

The deadline for submitting photos has been extended to 31 December 2021. Voting will run from 1 January 2021 until 1 February 2022, until everyone's time zone has caught up with the date.

We look forward to seeing your photos in this competition. 

This is the third month of photos for the 2023 calendar. Maybe your photo will figure there!

Enjoy yourselves!  :)
« Last Edit: Jan 03, 2022, 10:52 AM by Lynda Bradford »

Online Lynda Bradford

Re: November 2021 : Below stairs
« Reply #1 on: Nov 05, 2021, 09:28 AM »
Below stairs: I think this theme will require some thinking and imagination.  I presume that the theme can include photos with stairs   and also crew areas.  Wish I had taken more photos of stairs!  :)
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #2 on: Nov 05, 2021, 09:55 AM »
I have uploaded two pictures and hope they fit the theme okay!
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank

« Reply #3 on: Nov 05, 2021, 09:00 PM »
I have uploaded two pictures and hope they fit the theme okay!

Yes, they fit very well! Thank you for having started to fill the album :) .

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #4 on: Nov 08, 2021, 10:35 AM »
I am sure there are lots of interesting photos ready to be uploaded to the Photo Competition for this month's theme" Below Stairs" it just takes time to decide which photos to enter.  If you are like me, I start to look for photos then enjoy looking at my QE2 pictures and I loose track of time. 

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
« Reply #5 on: Nov 09, 2021, 06:29 PM »
I'm tired this evening from work, but I still found it enjoyable to dig into my photos once more for this month's theme.

I've found three, none of which I think I've ever shared anywhere below, but they all fit the theme one way or another.

If you're reading this and you haven't entered, and you have photos, go take a look, you might surprise yourself like I did!
Passionate about QE2's service life for 40 years and creator of this website.  I have worked in IT for 28 years and created my personal QE2 website in 1994.

« Reply #6 on: Nov 28, 2021, 07:39 PM »
As we shall be voting on the "Best of the Best for 2022" during December (the exciting poll containing all the prizewinning photos of the past year), we have decided to leave the album "Below Stairs" open until the end of December, so that you can have another month to find suitable photos.

The poll will take place in January of next year. Enjoy all those various stairs -- what an excellent topic!

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #7 on: Dec 10, 2021, 10:24 AM »
There is still time to upload your photos to the Below Stairs album, as the date for entries has been extended until 31 December. 

Have a look at these excellent photos that have been uploaded so far
https://www.theqe2story.com/forum/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=269