Author Topic: Satoshi, the world’s first cryptocurrency cruise ship  (Read 668 times)

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
Passionate about QE2's service life for 40 years and creator of this website.  I have worked in IT for 28 years and created my personal QE2 website in 1994.

Offline Rod

Re: Satoshi, the world’s first cryptocurrency cruise ship
« Reply #1 on: Sep 07, 2021, 01:50 PM »
Nice looking ship.
Also, a nice idea, but a quick chat, maybe about 10 minutes, with some former ships technical staff could have saved them quite a bit of time and money!

Online Andy Holloway

« Reply #2 on: Sep 07, 2021, 05:02 PM »
Nice looking ship.Really?
Also, a nice idea, but a quick chat, maybe about 10 minutes, with some former ships technical staff could have saved them quite a bit of time and money!

She's the old Regal Princess and anything less Regal you' d go a long way to find! She was 'banished' from the Princess fleet for a reason, she's rubbish, hence the reason she went to P&O Australia! Nothing of any quality or 'class' ends up down under. Also it's closer to Alang or Taiwan when it's time for scrapping.

Offline Rod

« Reply #3 on: Sep 07, 2021, 05:13 PM »
Don't know what the inside is like, but to me, the outside I think is nice. Especially when compared to the floating apartment blok style that is so prevalent.

Offline Bruce Nicholls

« Reply #4 on: Sep 14, 2021, 06:53 PM »
The ship was sold to Alang when the project failed. This fell through and the ship has now been sold to a British start up cruise line and renamed ambience. Cruises to start in April 2022. One at least that escaped its doom.