Author Topic: January 2021 : QE2 being assisted by a harbour tug  (Read 978 times)

Offline Isabelle Prondzynski

January 2021 : QE2 being assisted by a harbour tug
« on: Jan 02, 2021, 08:58 PM »
The theme for this month's photo competition is "QE2 being assisted by a harbour tug", chosen by Pete Hamill, the winner of the August 2020 competition.

There should be plenty of eligible photos about, whether seen from on board or from shoreside.

Enjoy the search :) .

The prize this month is  the book "QE2: The Cunard Line Flagship, Queen Elizabeth 2" by Commodore Ronald W. Warwick and Sam Warwick, donated by Richard J Wade.

https://www.theqe2story.com/QE2Shop.php

How to enter

The album is open -- so now is the time to look for your three most interesting pictures on this theme. Wishing you happy memories as you search your photo collection to find up to three pictures to upload to the competition album.

This link will take you straight there : QE2 being assisted by a harbour tug.

If you have not uploaded photos to the Forum Gallery before, have a look at these instructions, and if you have any problems, just contact us on admin@theqe2story.com. You could even email the photos to this address, and we can upload them for you.

The deadline for submitting photos is 31 January 2021. Voting will run from 1 February 2021 until 28 February 2021, until everyone's time zone has caught up with the date.

We look forward to seeing your photos in this competition. 

This is the fourth month of photos for the 2022 calendar. Maybe your photo will figure there!

Enjoy yourselves!  :)
« Last Edit: Feb 02, 2021, 01:54 PM by Lynda Bradford »

Online Lynda Bradford

Re: January 2021 : QE2 being assisted by a harbour tug
« Reply #1 on: Jan 11, 2021, 09:24 AM »
What a fabulous prize for this month's competition "QE2 being assisted by a harbour tug". Hope lots of forum members take time to search for photos to enter the competition.  Have a look at the instruction and link to the album that Isabelle has posted (see above)

The prize this month is  the book "QE2: The Cunard Line Flagship, Queen Elizabeth 2" by Commodore Ronald W. Warwick and Sam Warwick, donated by Richard J Wade.

https://www.theqe2story.com/QE2Shop.php

I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #2 on: Jan 15, 2021, 10:16 AM »
We now have twelve excellent photos added to the Gallery competition album but would love to see more photos of QE2 being assisted by a harbour tug. 

Time to check the photo albums and add your three best photos that fit the theme.   :)
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank

Offline Pete Hamill

« Reply #3 on: Jan 19, 2021, 08:49 AM »
Just added my tuppence-worth. I think I was maybe thinking too far outside of the box with one of them though!

« Reply #4 on: Jan 19, 2021, 01:16 PM »
Just added my tuppence-worth. I think I was maybe thinking too far outside of the box with one of them though!

QE2 being assisted by the harbour tugs that managed to get QV out of her way  ;D .

Offline Pete Hamill

« Reply #5 on: Jan 19, 2021, 03:19 PM »
I have just realised that Cunarder Man's photo of QE2 departing  Zeebrugge was probably taken from Queen Victoria at the same time I was taking a photo of Queen Victoria from QE2!!!!
If you check both pictures, you will see the person in orange on QE2's bridge wing in both of them.

Small world indeed!

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #6 on: Jan 19, 2021, 03:27 PM »
I have just realised that Cunarder Man's photo of QE2 departing  Zeebrugge was probably taken from Queen Victoria at the same time I was taking a photo of Queen Victoria from QE2!!!!
If you check both pictures, you will see the person in orange on QE2's bridge wing in both of them.

Small world indeed!

It is a small World, you were so near but so far from Cunarder Man taking photos from the opposite angle. 

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Beautiful, elegant QE2 - forever Queen of the Seas
« Reply #7 on: Jan 19, 2021, 05:49 PM »
Those on QV had the better view !!
QE2 - the ship for all of time, a ship of timeless beauty !

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
« Reply #8 on: Jan 19, 2021, 06:43 PM »

Small world indeed!

What are the chances, all these years later, of the two photos being uploaded to this little old website, and not only that but you spotting the coincidence.  Remarkable.
Passionate about QE2's service life for 40 years and creator of this website.  I have worked in IT for 28 years and created my personal QE2 website in 1994.

Offline Pete Hamill

« Reply #9 on: Jan 19, 2021, 07:00 PM »
Should put a lottery ticket on!

« Reply #10 on: Feb 01, 2021, 08:26 PM »
We have 18 photos entered now for the January (sic!) competition. The album is still open, but we shall be creating the poll in the next couple of days.

QE2 assisted by a harbour tug : There must be more photos about that are crying out to be entered!

And a great prize on offer for the winning photo :) .