Author Topic: Ready for sale : QE2 Story calendars for 2021  (Read 11269 times)

Online Isabelle Prondzynski

Re: Ready for sale : QE2 Story calendars for 2021
« Reply #30 on: Nov 11, 2020, 10:17 AM »
From now until Monday, Vistaprint is offering 30% off calendars.

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Beautiful, elegant QE2 - forever Queen of the Seas
« Reply #31 on: Nov 11, 2020, 05:04 PM »
I sent a medium Vistaprint calendar to my cruising friend, Terry, and she is thrilled with it.

On our cruises, she had to put up with me saying, "well, on QE2,........"  :)

QE2 - the ship for all of time, a ship of timeless beauty !

« Reply #32 on: Nov 16, 2020, 10:10 AM »
Today is the last day when Vistaprint offers a 30% discount for calendars, in the run-up to Christmas.

If you email admin@theQE2story.com today, I shall place your order immediately, so that you can benefit from the discount. For the order, I need your postal address and if possible your telephone number.

« Reply #33 on: Nov 18, 2020, 08:10 AM »
Today and tomorrow only : 60 % discount for Vistaprint calendars in honour of Black Friday.

Please let us know at <admin@theQE2story.com> if you would like us to place an order.

Online Thomas Hypher

• Queens Grill Diner
  • QE2 started a dream to go to sea - now a reality!
« Reply #34 on: Nov 23, 2020, 01:20 PM »
My Calendars (one for me and another for my Dad) arrived a short while ago, well and securely packaged, and well in advance of the 2nd December estimated delivery :) . I will keep them in their plastic wrapper for now, but the front cover looks wonderful with Shipnshore's photo of QE2 at Liverpool!
First sailed on QE2 in August 2003 aged 6 years old. Last sailed on QE2 in July 2008. Last saw the seagoing QE2 in person from the decks of QM2, on QE2's last Transatlantic crossing (Eastbound tandem) in October 2008. Visited QE2 in her new life, in Dubai, in January 2020 and August 2022.

« Reply #35 on: Nov 23, 2020, 01:31 PM »
So glad to read that, Thomas! I must say that I am very happy with Vistaprint so far. The only problem has been the slightly more complicated ordering procedure, but we have found a good solution, and as far as I can see, the quality is excellent. For me, when putting together the calendars, the design options were very helpful. I am also delighted to see that delivery is working well and the packaging is great.

« Reply #36 on: Nov 27, 2020, 06:42 AM »
It being Black Friday today, Vistaprint is offering a discount of up to 60 % for calendars. This may be the perfect day for your order.

The 60 % discount continues until 1 December.
« Last Edit: Nov 27, 2020, 04:38 PM by Isabelle Prondzynski »

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #37 on: Nov 27, 2020, 10:06 AM »
It being Black Friday today, Vistaprint is offering a discount of up to 60 % for calendars. This may be the perfect day for your order. They have not indicated whether the discount might continue for several days.

This is an excellent Vistaprint discount if anyone if thinking of purchasing the Calendar ,today would be a good day to contact Isabelle at admin@theqe2story.com with details of what size Vistaprint Calendar and how many you would like.  She also needs details of your name, address and contact telephone number to place the order. 
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank

« Reply #38 on: Nov 27, 2020, 12:09 PM »
I just ordered 2 medium sized calendars for a member with the special 60 % discount, and the amount was less than one of them at the normal price.

Made me feel good!
« Last Edit: Nov 27, 2020, 02:34 PM by Isabelle Prondzynski »

« Reply #39 on: Nov 30, 2020, 08:43 AM »
The 60 % discount is still available, but will end tomorrow night (1 December). For the large calendars, the discount is 55 %.

Offline cunardqueen

« Reply #40 on: Nov 30, 2020, 08:39 PM »
With all these discounts, Has anyone paid full price  ;)
I do wonder how has the uptake been on these and more importantly for the very kind people behind the scenes doing all the hard work.It must have involved  a lot of perhaps unnecessary extra work and also for the funds has there been the possibility to build in a donaton ?
How has Dear Lulo fared, has she been kept busy or chucked to one side as we all went for the personal touch ? 

Do you think you might do the same idea or try to revert to the ordering yourself method?
I must say with Vistaprint, over the years they have ALWAYS delivered well before the expected delivery date.
But can l say thanks to the team behind the scenes for the very quick order confirmation details and all the hard work involved.   
From the moment you first glimpsed the Queen,
 you just knew you were in for a very special time ahead.!

« Reply #41 on: Nov 30, 2020, 09:07 PM »
With all these discounts, Has anyone paid full price  ;)

I would have to check, but without doing so, I think that there has always been a discount on offer, but at very different rates. The 60 % discount is quite exceptional, and I don't expect to see it again this year (but I may be wrong!).

I do wonder how has the uptake been on these and more importantly for the very kind people behind the scenes doing all the hard work.It must have involved  a lot of perhaps unnecessary extra work and also for the funds has there been the possibility to build in a donaton ?

I have kept tabs of the orders, both in Vistaprint and Lulu, and can give you various statistics. I shall try and compile a list in the course of this week. And yes, we have received quite good and generous donations; people have been inclined to round up the reimbursements to the QE2Story, for which we are very grateful.

How has Dear Lulo fared, has she been kept busy or chucked to one side as we all went for the personal touch ? 

Lulu has fared well too, and orders have been coming in quietly and quite regularly. The Lulu price contains an automatic "donation" to the Forum of about 80 pence per calendar, which Lulu pays out to Forum funds on a monthly basis.

Do you think you might do the same idea or try to revert to the ordering yourself method?

Unfortunately, Vistaprint does not allow anyone other than the creator of the calendar (or other product) to place an order. I had a long "chat" with one of their staff and tried to see whether there was any way around this, but there was not. And so, the only way to make Vistaprint calendars available at all, was to place the order on behalf of the member, and to pay for it while placing the order.

Lulu was reorganised this year and initially withdrew all calendars, much to my shock when I was ready to create them. This is when I started working with Vistaprint. It is only when the Vistaprint calendars were ready that Lulu came back and offered a simple model of calendar, nothing like what we were using in previous years, but quite effective for at least accommodating 12 out of the 29 photos, provided they were in Landscape format. This is how we ended up with a Lulu option as well as three Vistaprint sizes.

I must say with Vistaprint, over the years they have ALWAYS delivered well before the expected delivery date.
But can l say thanks to the team behind the scenes for the very quick order confirmation details and all the hard work involved.

What is also quite impressive, is that they seem to print as close as possible to the final delivery address. I got some feed-back today from someone who had ordered a calendar in Japan and found that the calendar had been posted there and delivered very soon after the order was placed.

And so, apart from not being able to offer you the possibility of placing your own order, I must say that working with Vistaprint has been very rewarding and satisfying, and I have enjoyed placing the orders for everyone. And of course, we are only about to start December, so there is still plenty of time to place more orders and make sure that everyone who wants one, can have a QE2Story calendar ready for the start of 2021!

These calendars are a great way of honouring the prizewinning photographs of the past year's photo competitions -- all of them excellent in so many very different ways.

« Reply #42 on: Dec 01, 2020, 02:11 PM »
The Vistaprint discount of 60 % runs until this evening.

Lulu is offering a 30 % discount, which also ends at midnight.

They must all be looking for business at this time!

Online Ben Zabulis

« Reply #43 on: Dec 05, 2020, 09:39 AM »
Jasper the bear is very pleased with the 'The QE2 Story' calendar for 2021, especially August which he finds quite delightful. Here's the old sea-salt himself regaling all and sundry with his popular maritime adventures.

« Reply #44 on: Dec 05, 2020, 09:49 AM »
He would enjoy the Vistaprint calendars too! He has the whole December page in the small version (waving goodbye to 2020), the whole March page in the medium version, and he shares the June page in the large version with his future friend Teddy Brum Brum and others.
« Last Edit: Dec 05, 2020, 09:53 AM by Isabelle Prondzynski »