Author Topic: Ready for sale : QE2 Story calendars for 2021  (Read 11300 times)

Online Lynda Bradford

Re: Ready for sale : QE2 Story calendars for 2021
« Reply #15 on: Nov 04, 2020, 06:05 PM »
The large Vistaprint Calendar ordered on Thursday 29 October was delivered today, which was two days before the estimated date for delivery (6 November).

I am absolutely delighted with the Calendar. It was well packaged, in a cardboard box, was in a plastic cover with cardboard over the front page for protection.

I think the quality is very good, with good definition of the photos. 

I am so pleased I may order a medium or smaller one as well.  I will post a picture at the weekend. 
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Beautiful, elegant QE2 - forever Queen of the Seas
« Reply #16 on: Nov 05, 2020, 06:57 PM »
My calendars arrived today, a full 11 days before the estimated delivery date !  :)

They are awesome ! They were very well packed, the paper is of excellent quality, the colour printing is excellent - no bleed through or overlap of colours, and of course, the photos are superb, being from our photo competitions !

Many thanks, Isabelle ! And thanks to Lynda and Rob !  :)
QE2 - the ship for all of time, a ship of timeless beauty !

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #17 on: Nov 05, 2020, 07:54 PM »
So glad your Calendars arrived quickly. Looks like Vistaprint are offering a quality service for a quality product. 

The Teddies enjoyed looking at the Calendar today and made a "unanimous decision" on their favourite picture.  I wonder why!

I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank

Offline Isabelle Prondzynski

« Reply #18 on: Nov 05, 2020, 08:23 PM »
This is wonderful news, June and Lynda! And my, what a powerful vote that was by the teddies :) .

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Beautiful, elegant QE2 - forever Queen of the Seas
« Reply #19 on: Nov 05, 2020, 10:24 PM »
Yes, I can see why the Teddies had a unanimous vote ! Brum Brum and Jasper are on the same calendar page !  :)
QE2 - the ship for all of time, a ship of timeless beauty !

Offline Pete Hamill

« Reply #20 on: Nov 07, 2020, 04:04 PM »
I ordered 1 of each size and they arrived today. They are great quality and pictures are nicely varied between the three sizes. Thanks folks for putting these together. I now how much work went into them.

Online cunardqueen

« Reply #21 on: Nov 07, 2020, 10:29 PM »
In true Vistaprint style my  order arrived today .  Im sure they must have shares in a cardboard firm !
Delighted as always with the quality and general standard as always . Thanks to all involved. 
From the moment you first glimpsed the Queen,
 you just knew you were in for a very special time ahead.!

Offline Pete Hamill

« Reply #22 on: Nov 08, 2020, 07:39 AM »
The packaging was somewhat extreme!

« Reply #23 on: Nov 08, 2020, 07:52 AM »
The packaging was somewhat extreme!

Did you take photos? The packaging seems to be quite different from one country to another.

Mine (packed in the Netherlands I believe) was excellent, and the calendars arrived in superb condition.

Offline Pete Hamill

« Reply #24 on: Nov 08, 2020, 10:10 AM »
I didn't, but the package was one of these fold-in, self-adhesive arrangements with an overall self-adhesive lid - which with some careful opening is being re-purposed by my wife for sending some items to a friend!

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #25 on: Nov 08, 2020, 11:48 AM »
I am really pleased with the Lulu Calendar that I received yesterday.

The Calendar photos are in a nice gloss finish, which looks good and perhaps could be framed at a later date. Each Calendar page features only one picture, which suites the size of the Calendar. Brum Brum bear and Jasper bear get a page all to themselves. Andreas Busecke's photo Nutshell on the back pack of the Calendar is a nice touch. Just as you think you have seen all the photos there is this one to enjoy.

The packaging was a card envelope, which was sufficient for the size and there was no damage. 

I like both the Lulu and the Vistaprint Calendars.  Thank-you Isabelle for all the hard work you put in to produce these wonderful QE2 Story products.

Offline Derek Boyd

« Reply #26 on: Nov 09, 2020, 09:21 AM »
I recently received my 3 x Medium Size Vistaprint Calendars and am absolutely delighted with them. The photographs are excellent - particularly May photo which is a belter. Thanks to all at QE2 Story Forum for making it possible. Well done!

« Last Edit: Nov 09, 2020, 10:37 AM by Isabelle Prondzynski »

Online cunardqueen

« Reply #27 on: Nov 09, 2020, 04:00 PM »
   I'm sure they must have shares in a cardboard firm ! 
Maybe these photos might explain the Vistaprint expanding box method, iv always felt they are more Ecco friendly with packing than Amazon, 
From the moment you first glimpsed the Queen,
 you just knew you were in for a very special time ahead.!

« Reply #28 on: Nov 09, 2020, 07:52 PM »
Yes, that is the same box I also had. I thought it was marvellous! All recyclable carton, and so protective of the calendars. Much nicer than last year's Lulu packaging, which was plastic.

« Reply #29 on: Nov 10, 2020, 05:48 PM »
Good offers at the moment!

10 % off Lulu calendars (Code : READ10)
Up to 15 % off Vistaprint calendars

I am glad to see that, even with the most economical delivery method chosen, the calendars have been delivered way ahead of the estimated date.

This is a year when many of us wonder how best to procure Christmas presents, given the various degrees of lockdown in operation. Maybe a QE2Story calendar could solve a couple of these problems?