Author Topic: Photos from the final eastbound transatlantic crossing, 16-22 October 2008  (Read 3356 times)

Online Thomas Hypher

• Queens Grill Diner
  • QE2 started a dream to go to sea - now a reality!
Hello Thomas,

The photos you sent via Dropbox are EXCELLENT! They will mirror very nicely with the shots I took from QE2 looking towards Queen Mary 2. Thank you so much. The resolution of the edited shots is probably too low to publish, but if you don't mind, I would happily use a few of them on the book's website when it is launched.

Please let me know how you would like these photos to be credited in the book.

Again, thank you so much for the kind use of these photographs. I'll be sure to send some extra copies of the book for your use.

All the best,
Brian

Hello Brian,

Happy to have been able to help out, as is my Dad :) . No worries regarding not being able to publish the video footage screenshots in your book, it was a long shot resolution/dpi wise! You're more than welcome to use them on your book's website.

Please can you credit all the DSLR photos to my Dad (James Hypher).

Please can you credit the original video footage I obtained the screenshots from to my Dad (James Hypher) too, but also crediting that I obtained the screenshots from the hour of original video footage and subsequently edited them (I presume that would be a joint credit listing? Such as: Credit to James Hypher/Thomas Hypher - with my Dad getting the main/first/majority credit as the original author of the video footage?).

Looking forward to reading your book and seeing your photos! Thank you again for sending me and my Dad copies of your book upon publication :) .

All the best,

Thomas
First sailed on QE2 in August 2003 aged 6 years old. Last sailed on QE2 in July 2008. Last saw the seagoing QE2 in person from the decks of QM2, on QE2's last Transatlantic crossing (Eastbound tandem) in October 2008. Visited QE2 in her new life, in Dubai, in January 2020 and August 2022.

Offline Brian Baum

Hello Brian,

Happy to have been able to help out, as is my Dad :) . No worries regarding not being able to publish the video footage screenshots in your book, it was a long shot resolution/dpi wise! You're more than welcome to use them on your book's website.

Please can you credit all the DSLR photos to my Dad (James Hypher).

Please can you credit the original video footage I obtained the screenshots from to my Dad (James Hypher) too, but also crediting that I obtained the screenshots from the hour of original video footage and subsequently edited them (I presume that would be a joint credit listing? Such as: Credit to James Hypher/Thomas Hypher - with my Dad getting the main/first/majority credit as the original author of the video footage?).

Looking forward to reading your book and seeing your photos! Thank you again for sending me and my Dad copies of your book upon publication :) .

All the best,

Thomas

Hi Thomas,
Yes, I will credit the images as requested. Both you and your dad will also receive credit on the Acknowledgment page.

I really appreciate all the work you did to capture the screenshots for me. They are really great photos, and I do think they will work very well on the website. Thank you and please thank your dad for me as well.

May I send you a draft page of how I plan to use one of the DSLR images in the book to the email address you used for Dropbox? I think you and your dad will be very pleased.

The photos you have provided will really make a tremendous difference in the quality of my book. Again, thanks.

Sincerely,

Brian

Online Thomas Hypher

• Queens Grill Diner
  • QE2 started a dream to go to sea - now a reality!
Hi Thomas,
Yes, I will credit the images as requested. Both you and your dad will also receive credit on the Acknowledgment page.

I really appreciate all the work you did to capture the screenshots for me. They are really great photos, and I do think they will work very well on the website. Thank you and please thank your dad for me as well.

May I send you a draft page of how I plan to use one of the DSLR images in the book to the email address you used for Dropbox? I think you and your dad will be very pleased.

The photos you have provided will really make a tremendous difference in the quality of my book. Again, thanks.

Sincerely,

Brian

Hi Brian,

Thank you for crediting us both and on the acknowledgements page too.

It's great to be able to share my Dad's video footage in still photo/screenshot form as well as in it's original moving form (as per the YouTube links above). The historical nature of the event and QE2 being my favourite ship of all time makes the effort well worth it and not a problem! My Dad is chuffed that you like his photos and video footage and that they are of use in your book/publication and/or it's website.

Looking forward to seeing your draft page, you're more than welcome to send it to me via my email address - the same as I used with Dropbox. I will also forward it by email to my Dad if that's okay?

Happy to have been able to help out and looking forward to seeing your original photos from the opposite perspective, from a ship we called home back in the "old" days.

All the best,

Thomas
First sailed on QE2 in August 2003 aged 6 years old. Last sailed on QE2 in July 2008. Last saw the seagoing QE2 in person from the decks of QM2, on QE2's last Transatlantic crossing (Eastbound tandem) in October 2008. Visited QE2 in her new life, in Dubai, in January 2020 and August 2022.