Author Topic: RMS Queen Elizabeth 2 by Dr Stephen M Payne RDI ("Haynes Manual")  (Read 9174 times)

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
« Last Edit: Feb 04, 2017, 05:35 PM by Rob Lightbody »
Passionate about QE2's service life for 40 years and creator of this website.  I have worked in IT for 28 years and created my personal QE2 website in 1994.

Offline Alan Snelson

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Ships Photographer '78 - '82
Great book, saw lots of photos I had never seen before. On page 156 there is a picture of the senior officers meeting in what looks to be a split level room, anyone know where it was located???

If I remember correctly the Staff Captains office was split level. I only ever went in there once and I think it was just behind the bridge on the port side.
Don't just be part of her past, be part of her history!

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
Great book, saw lots of photos I had never seen before. On page 156 there is a picture of the senior officers meeting in what looks to be a split level room, anyone know where it was located???

If I remember correctly the Staff Captains office was split level. I only ever went in there once and I think it was just behind the bridge on the port side.

Yes, that's where we are.  They were using that in Dubai when I was there, so I was in there.  It mostly looked exactly the same as in Stephen's book.  It was surprisingly spacious!
Passionate about QE2's service life for 40 years and creator of this website.  I have worked in IT for 28 years and created my personal QE2 website in 1994.

Offline Chris Thompson

Thanks for the identification, never had to go there myself.....fortunately!!!

Offline Malcolm

Just look at what has arrived !!   ;D ;D ;D

It is an awesome book, just had time to skim through a bit, but already, I have spotted some photos I have never seen before!

Same here :) I'm just starting to sit down with Myles's plans to work out what changes were made where!

Offline Louis De Sousa

• QE2 Crew member
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • QE2 The Greatest Ship Ever
I dont have this book is it possible to add here photos from those photos mentioned?

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
I dont have this book is it possible to add here photos from those photos mentioned?

Afraid we can't scan photos out of the book, but it is the room from my photos, just with lights on and people in it!

Online Lynda Bradford

Just look at what has arrived !!   ;D ;D ;D

It is an awesome book, just had time to skim through a bit, but already, I have spotted some photos I have never seen before!

Same here :) I'm just starting to sit down with Myles's plans to work out what changes were made where!

Remember we have a topic on "Changes to Public Areas 1969 to 1996" that you can also refer to.
https://www.theqe2story.com/forum/index.php/topic,6682.0.html

I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank

Online Isabelle Prondzynski

I also don't have the book and shall not be ordering it -- I am reducing the number of books I own and doing my best not to buy any more.

But I would love someone here who owns the book to let us know a bit more about it. Would this be possible?

Offline Malcolm

Remember we have a topic on "Changes to Public Areas 1969 to 1996"

Your memories of her go back before mine - that thread will be very useful - thank you :)

Queen Victoria temporarily taken out of service

Started by Peter MugridgeBoard The Cruise Queens (QV, QE & QA)

Replies: 15
Views: 5138
Last post Oct 24, 2012, 03:11 PM
by CAP
Queen Anne’s Maiden Arrival Southampton 30 April 2024

Started by Cunarder ManBoard QE2's Successors

Replies: 3
Views: 304
Last post May 05, 2024, 06:00 AM
by Joann Scott
Queen Mary 2 - Service Speed

Started by Rob LightbodyBoard RMS Queen Mary 2

Replies: 3
Views: 1849
Last post Feb 12, 2022, 11:11 AM
by Thomas Hypher
Old aerial photographs of Queen Mary

Started by Peter MugridgeBoard RMS Queen Mary (1936)

Replies: 1
Views: 1028
Last post Apr 18, 2018, 11:35 AM
by Pete Hamill
Inside Queen Mary 2; Video Tours

Started by Stowaway2kBoard RMS Queen Mary 2

Replies: 6
Views: 5545
Last post Mar 03, 2014, 01:37 PM
by Chris