Author Topic: Peter Sutton's model of the QE2  (Read 8776 times)

Offline Peter Sutton

• Lido Diner
  • QE2 is Design and workmanship at its best
Qe2 models by Peter sutton
« Reply #30 on: Aug 20, 2020, 01:49 PM »
Hi all
It’s been some time now since I posted anything on my building my model of my girl the QE2 , well , in my life I have had two loves , both  gorgeous , but  I lost one , that became a hotel  still serving with class as she had done for so many years , and then I lost my other love to the angels  , she looked after me  as well , steered me on the strait and narrow , through storms and smooth waters , so time out was needed , and reminders left to one side , but I have now a need to revive my need to remember my two loves she who made my tea while she who kept me working  , so it’s back to work , looking back at my girls as we go forward with my build , so I hope to post updates soon of the model  , with new paint  and a lick of polish , and lots of love and care in memory of my girls

Online Lynda Bradford

Re: Peter Sutton's model of the QE2
« Reply #31 on: Aug 20, 2020, 02:39 PM »
Hello Peter, I am so sorry to hear about your loss, I can feel your grief.

But glad that you have returned to the forum, to share with us your model building news. 

Take Care!

Lynda
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank

Online Isabelle Prondzynski

« Reply #32 on: Aug 20, 2020, 10:41 PM »
Welcome back, Peter. I am so sorry to hear about your loss but glad to see you back here.

I hope that your work on the other love of your life will bring some consolation.  Looking forward to seeing your QE2 model progressing and wishing you well.

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Beautiful, elegant QE2 - forever Queen of the Seas
« Reply #33 on: Aug 21, 2020, 12:38 AM »
Welcome back, Peter. It is good to have you back here. I am so very sorry to hear of your loss. To work on your QE2 will be in honor of your love who is now watching over you from above. I look forward to hearing from you again soon.
QE2 - the ship for all of time, a ship of timeless beauty !

Offline Clydebuilt1971

« Reply #34 on: Aug 21, 2020, 08:23 AM »
Big welcome back Peter!

I read above this is to be a working model?
I would love to know the details of what is going into it from an operational point of view!!

Cheers

Gav

Offline Lachlan

« Reply #35 on: Oct 07, 2020, 01:32 AM »
I have only just caught up with this thread again. I can't imagine how you deal with losing the love of your life.
But I can imagine dealing with a large model of QE2 - it takes up a lot of brain-space doesn't it. I hope this project is providing some solace for you.
I was interested in your discussion about the importance of the bow shape and the effect that has on your model's steering characteristics. I wonder if the boys at John Brown's discussed the importance of getting their work exactly right: happily they must have because they, like you, did.
Can't wait to see her in the water, Peter.

Peter Shanks, Cunard's new boss, talks past and future

Started by ChrisBoard Cunard

Replies: 0
Views: 2478
Last post Sep 03, 2009, 03:16 PM
by Chris
QE2: The Last Great Liner, BBC, 23-Sep-2007, Bruce Peter & Ian Johnston

Started by Rob LightbodyBoard Books, Videos and DVDs about QE2

Replies: 1
Views: 2472
Last post Jan 03, 2013, 08:14 PM
by Jeff Taylor
A new role for Peter Shanks

Started by cunardqueenBoard Miscellaneous QE2

Replies: 0
Views: 1438
Last post Dec 09, 2014, 03:59 PM
by cunardqueen
QE2 talk by Bruce Peter in Southampton Sat 16th Nov

Started by BarumfoxBoard Miscellaneous QE2

Replies: 6
Views: 1013
Last post Nov 18, 2019, 11:39 PM
by Barumfox
Peter Knego videos

Started by Rob LightbodyBoard RMS Queen Mary (1936)

Replies: 2
Views: 590
Last post Dec 10, 2023, 01:46 PM
by Chris Thompson