Author Topic: QE2 50 year event 22 September 2017, Clydebank  (Read 146016 times)

Online cunardqueen

Re: QE2 50 year event 22 September 2017, Clydebank
« Reply #75 on: Nov 29, 2016, 02:06 PM »
An idea...why not try and boost the photo comp by ,if time permits, displaying the various entries and have a vote on the day for the best... 200 people 200 votes.... and maybe a whole new audience for the competition ?
From the moment you first glimpsed the Queen,
 you just knew you were in for a very special time ahead.!

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Beautiful, elegant QE2 - forever Queen of the Seas
« Reply #76 on: Nov 29, 2016, 02:35 PM »
Very good idea, Myles !   :)
QE2 - the ship for all of time, a ship of timeless beauty !

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
« Reply #77 on: Dec 10, 2016, 02:09 PM »
There is a committee meeting currently underway in Glasgow, which I'm joining as an observer.  Lots to discuss!  So much good work done so far.
Passionate about QE2's service life for 40 years and creator of this website.  I have worked in IT for 28 years and created my personal QE2 website in 1994.

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #78 on: Dec 10, 2016, 05:58 PM »
There is a committee meeting currently underway in Glasgow, which I'm joining as an observer.  Lots to discuss!  So much good work done so far.

Glad you could join us for today's meeting.  We always have so much to discuss and so little time.
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank

Online Cunarder Man

« Reply #79 on: Dec 10, 2016, 10:04 PM »

Really appreciated you being with us at the meeting, your assistance was very helpful. Thanks Rob.

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #80 on: Dec 20, 2016, 01:32 PM »
We had a very productive committee meeting on Saturday with lots of actions to take forward. 

One of the main items for discussion was the booking and ticket process.  Gavin is currently working on an online tool for booking and we will keep you updated on progress as we test the product. 

Tickets will go on sale from 14th January onwards and will be available to everyone, as our aim will be to sell as many tickets as possible. 

However, we recognise that there are forum members who log into the forum on a regular basis, who we would want to send prior notification on the day or the evening before, so that they have the first opportunity to purchase tickets.  To enable us to do this, Rob has compiled a list of members who have logged into the forum within the past 12 months or who have expressed an interest in the conference.   

An additional newsletter will be sent out with information about the conference next week, which will be in addition to the Year end newsletter, so keep logging into the forum and watching your mail box. 

Fantastic to think that we will soon be on the count down to our fabulous QE2 50 year celebration. 

I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank

Online Lynda Bradford

Make sure you get your tickets for the QE2 Story 50 Year conference.

Tickets will be on sale from 14 January 2017.

Make sure you keep logging into the forum to get a reminder on 14 January when the tickets go on sale to members and the public.
« Last Edit: Dec 28, 2016, 09:03 AM by Lynda Bradford »

Online Lynda Bradford

14 days until the tickets for the conference go on sale. 

Keep watching the forum topic and newsletter for more information

Offline Bruce Baker-Johnson

« Reply #83 on: Dec 31, 2016, 12:16 PM »
Glasgow is a financial, if nothing else world away from us Southampton pensioners. Wish you all well though. At least we had the Titanic 100 heare.

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #84 on: Dec 31, 2016, 02:25 PM »
Glasgow is a financial, if nothing else world away from us Southampton pensioners. Wish you all well though. At least we had the Titanic 100 heare.

Thanks for your good wishes for the conference, which we have organised for Clydebank, because that is the birth place of the ship, where she was launched in 1967. I know there are people already planning to come to the conference from USA and further afield.

Southampton is not so far away from Glasgow. As a Scottish Pensioner, I frequently travel to Southampton when cruising.  There is a good Flybe service to Glasgow and Edinburgh, which can be reasonably priced, especially if you do not have any "check-in" luggage and you book early enough.
http://www.flybe.com/cheap-flights/glasgow/

I know there are many bus companies with cheap fares between UK cities, travelling by train is also an option.  Doing a Google search I came across Busbud and it looks like the fare is cheaper the earlier you book, but it could be a long journey.  https://www.busbud.com/en-gb/bus-southampton-glasgow/r/gcp184-gcuvz1

Flying or taking the car and having a couple of stops en-route is always good.  .  It would be interested to hear from anyone who has experienced travel between Southampton and Glasgow by bus or train. 

Online Lynda Bradford

Ten days and counting until the tickets of on sale.

I cannot believe that we will be opening sale of the tickets a week on Saturday. 

Offline Clydebuilt1971

« Reply #86 on: Jan 06, 2017, 09:54 AM »
Lynda - sent you an email on the above banners

Gav

Online Lynda Bradford

7 days to go until the sale of tickets opens on 14 January.   ;D

The Committee were testing the online sale of tickets yesterday, which was successful.   

Online Peter Mugridge

• Queens Grill Diner
  • At Mach 2 three days after being on QE2...
Can I just confirm... this being a Friday all day event... is it feasible for me, with the event timings, to do it as a straight "out and back" using the Sleeper train on Thursday night northbound and Friday night southbound?  Or are there related events on the days either side of the main event?
"It is a capital mistake to allow any mechanical object to realise that you are in a hurry!"

Online Lynda Bradford

Can I just confirm... this being a Friday all day event... is it feasible for me, with the event timings, to do it as a straight "out and back" using the Sleeper train on Thursday night northbound and Friday night southbound?  Or are there related events on the days either side of the main event?

Hi Peter, if you were wanting to only attend the conference then you could do as you have mentioned the "Sleeper train on Thursday night northbound and Friday night southbound"

However, Rob is organising other events for delegates, which have not been finalised yet.  But it is likely that there will be the opportunity to meet for drinks either on the Thursday or Friday evening and something planned for during the day on the Saturday.