Author Topic: QE2 50 year event 22 September 2017, Clydebank  (Read 145216 times)

Offline del

Re: QE2 50 year event 22 September 2017, Clydebank
« Reply #15 on: Sep 28, 2015, 01:35 AM »
Love to be there if possible
Wish you and the rest of the
team the very best

Del

Offline Bob van Leeuwen

« Reply #16 on: Sep 28, 2015, 07:33 AM »
I don't know what my situtation will be in 2 years time from now, I shut be done with school by that time, and if I have the money, I will for sure be there :)

Offline Alistair

« Reply #17 on: Sep 28, 2015, 01:06 PM »
Sounds like a fantastic idea.
I should be back from Kuwait by then...if not...I will book it as part of my vacation!  :)

Alistair

Offline David Templar

« Reply #18 on: Oct 06, 2015, 05:31 PM »
It's sounds great to meet up again hope there is better news of ship by then. Hope I can make it

Offline Brandon Sterkel

« Reply #19 on: Oct 26, 2015, 05:57 AM »
Something I will definitely have to look into!
« Last Edit: Oct 26, 2015, 06:04 AM by Brandon Sterkel »
Queen Elizabeth 2: A 50 Year Legend!

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #20 on: Oct 26, 2015, 08:37 AM »
Something I will definitely have to look into!

We are still at the very early stages of planning the event, but next year we will be able to give more information. It is important that no one makes travel arrangements until we are further down the planning route and we have speakers confirmed and itinerary planned. 

An events committee has been formed and we will be working to ensure a successful event on behalf of TQS.  More information to follow. 
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Beautiful, elegant QE2 - forever Queen of the Seas
« Reply #21 on: Oct 26, 2015, 02:41 PM »
Thanks, Lynda !

Once all of the arrangements for the conference are in place, perhaps those from the US would consider traveling as a group.  We can discuss that as Lynda has said, once all arrangements for the conference have been made.

June   :)
QE2 - the ship for all of time, a ship of timeless beauty !

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
« Reply #22 on: Apr 30, 2016, 01:57 PM »
As it is over 6 months since Rob announced our plans to hold the QE2 50 year event at Clydebank in 2017, we thought you would like an update on progress so far. 

A committee has been set up to work on the planning process for the event, with Gavin Stewart (Clydebuilt 1971) as chairperson, John Little (Cunarder Man) treasurer and Lynda Bradford, Secretary. 

The Clydebank Town Hall is booked for 22 September, which is not the actual date of the launch (20 September) but we wanted to hold the event on a Friday, so that we can plan other activities over the week-end for forum members.

We have drafted a business plan that is currently with a designer, who is using the logo and our text to produce a professional looking plan that can be sent to sponsors and speakers. 

We have identified potential sponsors and speakers, who we will be contacting soon.

A constitution has been written and a bank account set up. 

A stunning logo has been designed by QE2 Forever.  This will be used on our business plan, delegates' pack, event banner, and merchandise.

We are pleased with progress to date but there is lots more to do to ensure we have a successful event.   

We will be giving you details soon on how to register interest for the event and we will also give you regular updates on the forum and through our newsletter.

If you have any ideas we would love to hear from you here or at admin@theqe2story.com
« Last Edit: Apr 30, 2016, 02:08 PM by Rob Lightbody »
Passionate about QE2's service life for 40 years and creator of this website.  I have worked in IT for 28 years and created my personal QE2 website in 1994.

Offline pete cain

« Reply #23 on: Apr 30, 2016, 04:08 PM »
I think a big thankyou is in hand for the  organising committee, so Thankyou all, if that logo above is the artwork, Rob, stunning is the word alright, a modern collectable straight away!!

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2016, 06:56 PM »
It is very exciting to be working on the planning for the QE2 50 year conference in Clydebank.  A few of the QE2 Story members attended the Lusitania Conference at the Clydebank Town Hall and we were impressed with the venue.  So when we started planning for the 50 year event we were confident that this venue, which is only a short distance from where QE2 was launched was the ideal place to hold the conference. This is a photo of the main hall where the conference will be held. 

We have also booked the reception room for registration and it is here that tea/coffee and the buffet lunch will be served.

Keep watching the forum for more details about this special event to commemorate 50 years of QE2
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Beautiful, elegant QE2 - forever Queen of the Seas
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2016, 07:22 PM »
The 50 year event will be absolutely wonderful and a fitting tribute to QE2 at her birthplace !  Many thanks to the committee members and all of the work that they are doing !  The venue looks to be great and the event logo is magnificent !  :)
QE2 - the ship for all of time, a ship of timeless beauty !

Offline Pete Hamill

« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2016, 08:09 AM »
Can't wait!

Offline Twynkle

« Reply #27 on: Jul 09, 2016, 11:23 PM »
Hi Rob
Please - would it be possible for you to make an additional sheet of A4 for duplicated 'cards' exactly as before, and then importantly, adding one extra line with Title, Date and Venue of next year's conference.

If it's possible for you, it would be good if you can do them tomorrow or Monday  - please and thank you!
Then I can take them (printed here, at home) before I leave for Southampton on Tuesday afternoon.
They can then be distributed as necessary on QM2's 4 Nighter to/ from Hamburg.
Cheers!

Rosie

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #28 on: Jul 10, 2016, 10:40 AM »
Next month, we will be making an announcement about The QE2 Story QE2 50 year conference speakers,  in a special newsletter that will be sent out to members.   I can assure you we have a fantastic range of speakers that will contribute to the overall success of the event.

The event committee is as follows:
Gavin Stewart (Clydebuilt 1971) Chairperson
Lynda Bradford Secretary
John Little (Cunarder Man) Treasurer
June Ingram PR Officer

John, Gav and myself are working hard in the planning for speakers, sponsors and marketing materials.  We have planned to start PR work in August when June Ingram will take on the PR role. 

Already we have had a lot of interest in the event but please be assured that forum members will be offered the chance to book tickets before we open the booking process to members of the public and maritime organisations.  We will be releasing booking details later this year.  There will only be 200 places so we anticipate that there will be demand for tickets!

We will also be making available marketing materials e.g. flyers and business cards later this year.

You may have noticed that Rob has posted a topic about the event in the Get Together section of the forum, which is only for information to guests and people who have not logged in to the forum. 
https://www.theqe2story.com/forum/index.php/topic,7252.msg78977.html#msg78977

All key information will be given to members in this members only topic. Keep watching and if you have any questions post them here or ask one of the committee members. 

Best wishes
Lynda

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #29 on: Jul 10, 2016, 10:59 AM »
Hi Rob
Please - would it be possible for you to make an additional sheet of A4 for duplicated 'cards' exactly as before, and then importantly, adding one extra line with Title, Date and Venue of next year's conference.

If it's possible for you, it would be good if you can do them tomorrow or Monday  - please and thank you!
Then I can take them (printed here, at home) before I leave for Southampton on Tuesday afternoon.
They can then be distributed as necessary on QM2's 4 Nighter to/ from Hamburg.
Cheers!

Rosie

Rosie

We really appreciate the work you do to promote the forum through giving out the forum business cards when cruising.  The QE2 Story QE2 50 Year Events Committee are working on marketing materials that will be available later this year and we will also be starting PR work from August/September onwards.  QE2 50 year event business cards will be available but we are sorry that they will not be ready in time for your cruise next week.

Keep watching the members only topic for more information.
https://www.theqe2story.com/forum/index.php/topic,6971.msg79964.html#msg79964
« Last Edit: Jul 10, 2016, 12:09 PM by Lynda Bradford »

Captain N Bates (18 September 2004)

Started by Lynda BradfordBoard Captains of the QE2

Replies: 0
Views: 3179
Last post Aug 18, 2013, 11:23 AM
by Lynda Bradford
Buckingham Covers: QE2 50 Year First Day Cover

Started by Lynda BradfordBoard TheQE2Story's Shop

Replies: 10
Views: 2453
Last post Nov 04, 2017, 11:03 AM
by Lynda Bradford
QE2 50 Year Conference Website

Started by Lynda BradfordBoard QE2 Story QE2 50 year conference 22 September 2017

Replies: 0
Views: 1261
Last post Oct 20, 2016, 10:11 PM
by Lynda Bradford
May 4th 2019 - 50 Years since QE2 Maiden Voyage event

Started by Rob LightbodyBoard Past Events

Replies: 60
Views: 38763
Last post Jul 15, 2019, 10:19 PM
by cunardqueen
September 2024 : Fondest memories of QE2

Started by Isabelle ProndzynskiBoard Photo Competition and QE2 Calendar