Author Topic: QE2 50 year event 22 September 2017, Clydebank  (Read 145217 times)

Offline Robbo

Yes I was getting worried when it reached zero hour then went back to say 3 minutes !

Offline Malcolm

3 minutes? At my end the countdown started at both 4 and 2 minutes! :o

Offline Twynkle

Well Done to The Organisers!
7 tickets purchased - and Thank You!

Online Lynda Bradford

Thanks everyone for our patience as we sorted out the little glitch.  We have had a good initial response to the sale of tickets within the first 30 minutes.  Looking good.   
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank

Offline pete cain

Thank you, thank you thank you, (I thought it was me reverting back to spanner man),  seriously well done everybody
 just need to book Jim in his home from home for 3 nights.
 All that work !!

Offline Cunarder Man

Who's online and poised to book as soon as the clock turns 9-00?  :D

Me, me me!

Offline Waverley

I booked two tickets at 10.00 am,   no problems at all.

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
It's very exciting, feels very real now!

I can't thank the events committee enough. They've had a long slog through the past 18 months+ to get us here.
Passionate about QE2's service life for 40 years and creator of this website.  I have worked in IT for 28 years and created my personal QE2 website in 1994.

Offline Malcolm

We have had a good initial response to the sale of tickets within the first 30 minutes.

I'm just curious - after an hour how many tickets have been sold? :)

Online Lynda Bradford

We sold 48 tickets in the first 30 minutes and tickets are still selling. 
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank

Online Lynda Bradford

69 tickets sold after two hours. 

Offline Pete Hamill

And another 2!

Looking forward to this magnificent event.

Online Peter Mugridge

• Queens Grill Diner
  • At Mach 2 three days after being on QE2...
I've just bought myself one!

May well indeed end up doing it as an extended day trip with the Sleeper train both ways as it's a busy week at work that week!!!
"It is a capital mistake to allow any mechanical object to realise that you are in a hurry!"

Offline Malcolm

I wondered about doing it in one day but it would make an awfully long day :( At the moment we've booked a hotel in central Glasgow and intend to stay there both on the night, the night before and the night after. That will mean that we have an easy journey to the day and can see a bit of Glasgow while we're at it.

Online Lynda Bradford

I wondered about doing it in one day but it would make an awfully long day :( At the moment we've booked a hotel in central Glasgow and intend to stay there both on the night, the night before and the night after. That will mean that we have an easy journey to the day and can see a bit of Glasgow while we're at it.

Malcolm it makes a lot of sense to stay more than one night.  Rob is going to be organising a get together for forum members on the Saturday.  We also hope to have the opportunity to meet with everyone either on the Thursday or Friday evening for a chat and a drink.  Nothing organised for the social events yet as we have been concentrating on the conference organising.

The conference is a fabulous opportunity for people with an interest in QE2 to get together. 

Ticket sales still rising!

Captain N Bates (18 September 2004)

Started by Lynda BradfordBoard Captains of the QE2

Replies: 0
Views: 3179
Last post Aug 18, 2013, 11:23 AM
by Lynda Bradford
Buckingham Covers: QE2 50 Year First Day Cover

Started by Lynda BradfordBoard TheQE2Story's Shop

Replies: 10
Views: 2453
Last post Nov 04, 2017, 11:03 AM
by Lynda Bradford
QE2 50 Year Conference Website

Started by Lynda BradfordBoard QE2 Story QE2 50 year conference 22 September 2017

Replies: 0
Views: 1261
Last post Oct 20, 2016, 10:11 PM
by Lynda Bradford
May 4th 2019 - 50 Years since QE2 Maiden Voyage event

Started by Rob LightbodyBoard Past Events

Replies: 60
Views: 38763
Last post Jul 15, 2019, 10:19 PM
by cunardqueen
September 2024 : Fondest memories of QE2

Started by Isabelle ProndzynskiBoard Photo Competition and QE2 Calendar