Author Topic: Something that's a reminder of QE2...?  (Read 42241 times)

Online Andy Holloway

Re: Something that's a reminder of QE2...?
« Reply #120 on: Jun 18, 2023, 05:11 PM »
How about some T-shirts?

With the UK summer well and truly here, hose pipe bans and all, it comes the time of the year for me to dig out my shorts and collection of T-shirts, "not just any T-shirts but QE2 T-shirts!" As the M&S adverts says.

So does anyone else have any of these, not the 'Crew ' ones i expect, but the others?

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #121 on: Jun 18, 2023, 06:42 PM »
My favourite T Shirt that is a reminder of QE2 was bought in 1997.  It has the Cunard logo embroidered on the front and QE2 embroidered on the sleeve. 

I wore it for the early morning sail into New York - you don't see much of the T shirt as I had a jacket on.  I will try to get a better photo tomorrow. 
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
« Reply #122 on: Jun 18, 2023, 07:10 PM »
Has the t-shirt aged as well as you've done!?
Passionate about QE2's service life for 40 years and creator of this website.  I have worked in IT for 28 years and created my personal QE2 website in 1994.

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #123 on: Jun 18, 2023, 08:14 PM »

Has the t-shirt aged as well as you've done!?

Ha Ha - Here's a photo, I think it's doing okay, maybe better than me!

Also photo with QE2 resident crew
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank

Online Andy Holloway

« Reply #124 on: Jun 18, 2023, 11:35 PM »
Lynda,
I spy with my little eye a couple of 'old friends' among those 'animals'!

Online Chris Thompson

« Reply #125 on: Jun 22, 2023, 12:09 AM »
On a stormy day here in South Carolina, I was doing a wiring job on a new construction house.
The whistling of the wind in the house instantly reminded me of the QE2.
Those deck doors would really start howling when the wind was up outside.😁

Offline Isabelle Prondzynski

« Reply #126 on: May 06, 2024, 11:21 AM »
My Cunard cabin slippers, of which I have several pairs, one of which usually accompanies me on hotel visits. Which does not happen all that often, so that the slippers are still in good condition and serviceable when needed.

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #127 on: May 06, 2024, 01:03 PM »
My Cunard cabin slippers, of which I have several pairs, one of which usually accompanies me on hotel visits. Which does not happen all that often, so that the slippers are still in good condition and serviceable when needed.

Gosh brilliant to still have the slippers.

On our recent cruise, Baked Alaska on the menu reminded me of how on the QE2 the Waiters paraded the baked Alaska with a sparkler.  It was wonderful to see and everyone enjoyed the occasion.  A search resulted in many photos posted in the gallery of the Baked Alaska Parade. 

Online cunardqueen

« Reply #128 on: May 07, 2024, 02:16 AM »

OMG if i had known sooner that you actually use these things , l hate to think how many pairs iv simply left behind untouched and unopened in hotels. Crocs are by far better......
From the moment you first glimpsed the Queen,
 you just knew you were in for a very special time ahead.!

Online Chris Thompson

« Reply #129 on: Jun 20, 2024, 08:43 PM »
This picture popped up in an ad today and was an instant reminder of QE2….😀

Offline Isabelle Prondzynski

« Reply #130 on: Oct 14, 2024, 05:52 PM »
Almost every day, I am reminded of QE2. I regularly watch the news from Japan, albeit in English, and it always ends in the weather forecast for various places around the world. In recent months, Dubai has been included in this daily list, and the temperature there is rarely below 40°C. Poor QE2...