Author Topic: The QE2 Story - July 26th & 27th 2013 - Clyde Weekend  (Read 31697 times)

Online Graham Taylor

Re: The QE2 Story - July 26th & 27th - Clyde Weekend
« Reply #15 on: Apr 19, 2013, 02:01 PM »
Hi all

I'm hoping to make the trip up from London for these dates, staying at the Crowne, if work commitments allow. Haven't been back to Glasgow since my Uni days at Ross Hall hotel school so would be quite an emotional homecoming and would be nice to meet up.

So please count me in as a probable!
Hotel Officer/Purser 1987-1993

FACEBOOK - www.facebook.com/Graham.Malcolm.Taylor
TWITTER - www.twitter.com/GrahamTaylorUK
BLUESKY - grahamtayloruk.bsky.social

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
« Reply #16 on: Apr 19, 2013, 03:35 PM »
Would anyone be interested in a Friday or Sunday titan crane trip?
« Last Edit: Apr 19, 2013, 04:17 PM by Rob Lightbody »
Passionate about QE2's service life for 40 years and creator of this website.  I have worked in IT for 28 years and created my personal QE2 website in 1994.

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
« Reply #17 on: Apr 19, 2013, 04:40 PM »
Hi all

I'm hoping to make the trip up from London for these dates, staying at the Crowne, if work commitments allow. Haven't been back to Glasgow since my Uni days at Ross Hall hotel school so would be quite an emotional homecoming and would be nice to meet up.

So please count me in as a probable!

That's great Graham, looking forward to meeting you!

Have you been on the Waverley before?
Passionate about QE2's service life for 40 years and creator of this website.  I have worked in IT for 28 years and created my personal QE2 website in 1994.

Online Graham Taylor

« Reply #18 on: Apr 19, 2013, 09:31 PM »
Yes Rob, back in '76 or '77. Was either a trip down the Thames to Southend or it was down in Torbay. Either way a heck of a long time ago.

I wouldn't mind a trip out to see the Titan crane.
Hotel Officer/Purser 1987-1993

FACEBOOK - www.facebook.com/Graham.Malcolm.Taylor
TWITTER - www.twitter.com/GrahamTaylorUK
BLUESKY - grahamtayloruk.bsky.social

Offline David Templar

« Reply #19 on: Apr 22, 2013, 05:39 AM »
hi all i had such a great time last year meeting you all, i hope i can make iot again this year, i did fb ypou rob but never had a reply. a great shame myles cannot make it. i am actually doing a cruise on " QUEST OF ADVENTURE" on 15th may from portland to greenock arriving on 17th may if you are arround would be nice to see you again. i am staying at hilton in glasgow for 2 nights, sadly cannot see any waveley trips at that time. work has been good the last 2 months but site ends nmext week so no idea about work in july at the moment but hopefully i can come, will let you know later on.
alll the best
dave

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
« Reply #20 on: Apr 22, 2013, 07:52 AM »
hi all i had such a great time last year meeting you all, i hope i can make iot again this year, i did fb ypou rob but never had a reply. a great shame myles cannot make it. i am actually doing a cruise on " QUEST OF ADVENTURE" on 15th may from portland to greenock arriving on 17th may if you are arround would be nice to see you again. i am staying at hilton in glasgow for 2 nights, sadly cannot see any waveley trips at that time. work has been good the last 2 months but site ends nmext week so no idea about work in july at the moment but hopefully i can come, will let you know later on.
alll the best
dave

Hope to see you there!

You only had to look in the forum to see the event! Hope the weather's better this year.

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #21 on: Apr 22, 2013, 10:32 AM »
Hello Dave

it would be lovely to see you again at the Clyde week-end.  I have added your name to the list of attendees as may be attending. 
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
« Reply #22 on: Apr 27, 2013, 12:04 PM »
Hello,

Can we each please confirm when we've paid for our Waverley tickets please?

You can pay on the day, but you run the risk of being turned away if the ship is busy (eg if the weather's nice!)

Looking forward to it!

Rob

Offline Cunarder Man

« Reply #23 on: Apr 27, 2013, 12:53 PM »
We will be there on Friday 26 at the Hotel and stay overnight, but we cannot join the Waverley on Saturday. Cheers Rob, looking forward to a great turnout!

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
« Reply #24 on: Apr 27, 2013, 01:08 PM »
We will be there on Friday 26 at the Hotel and stay overnight, but we cannot join the Waverley on Saturday. Cheers Rob, looking forward to a great turnout!

Thanks John, looking forward to seeing you!

Offline Grill Britannia

« Reply #25 on: Apr 28, 2013, 02:52 PM »
Hi there,

As we will be back from our Queen Victoria Med cruise on Saturday 20th July I will be able to make it to the Crowne Plaza for drinks on the Friday. Won't stay overnight as I live locally but will also make the Waverley on the Saturday. Haven't booked the Waverley yet as still trying to persuade hubby to come too so definitely me and possibly one other on the Saturday. Also up for Titan crane trip if that gets off the ground so to speak. I will confirm as soon as I have booked the Waverley as to whether it is for one or two. :-\
QE2 Forever @RavelCat

Offline Grill Britannia

« Reply #26 on: Apr 28, 2013, 03:52 PM »
Hi All,
All booked (and paid) for 2 places on the Waverley from Glasgow to TIGHNABRUAICH on Saturday 27th July 2013. Do we have to book for meals at the Crowne Plaza on the Friday night? Also available to do Titan/Riverside Museum trip on either the Friday or the Sunday. Looking forward to meeting everyone at last. Would be great if the weather is also kind to us???? ;D
QE2 Forever @RavelCat

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
« Reply #27 on: Apr 28, 2013, 04:58 PM »
That's great, looking forward to seeing you!

If a number of people want a proper sit down dinner, feel free to arrange something between yourselves, I know that people did previously.

I'll probably just have a snack in the bar.

I'm now thinking of taking Friday off work, so we could do the titan on Friday afternoon if anyone's interested?

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #28 on: Apr 28, 2013, 05:27 PM »
Looking forward to meeting everyone again and especially looking forward to meeting up with members who have not been to any of the Forum events before. 

We have a subscription for the Waverley but I will check with the office if I need to make a provisional booking (or just be near the front of the queue for boarding the boat. 

When we were staying at the Crown Plaza in February there was an offer of dinner for two and glass of wine for around £30. But this may have been an off season offer.

There is a good selection of bar meals: 
http://www.crowneplazaglasgow.co.uk/index.php/restaurant-and-bar/the-quarterdeck-bar-a-lounge
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank

Offline Grill Britannia

« Reply #29 on: Apr 28, 2013, 05:31 PM »
Hi Rob,

Happy to do the Titan crane on the Friday afternoon as well so let me know if enough people are up for that. As this is my first QE2 forum outing, should I wear my QE2 forum badge or carry a placard or something more subtle or will we get an official meeting spot nearer the time?
Just noticed Lynda's post. Happy to to join in any eating arrangements so will postpone post cruise diet arrangements.
QE2 Forever @RavelCat

Seabourn Odyssey - Surabaya, Indonesia 20th March 2013

Started by Andy HollowayBoard Ships

Replies: 4
Views: 415
Last post Feb 20, 2021, 08:12 PM
by pete cain
Queen Victoria in Greenock, 4th July 2023

Started by Rob LightbodyBoard Past Events

Replies: 1
Views: 525
Last post Jul 04, 2023, 11:43 AM
by Rob Lightbody
The QE2 Story on board QM2 : October 14-16 2011

Started by Rob LightbodyBoard Past Events

Replies: 47
Views: 17715
Last post Oct 18, 2011, 06:42 PM
by cunardqueen
Poll for the July Photo Competition - QE2 Memorabilia CLOSED

Started by Lynda BradfordBoard Archived Topics (older calendars)

Replies: 7
Views: 7417
Last post Aug 24, 2012, 10:55 PM
by Isabelle Prondzynski
July 2019 : So QE2!

Started by Isabelle ProndzynskiBoard Archived Topics (older calendars)

Replies: 8
Views: 1893
Last post Jul 29, 2019, 01:19 PM
by Isabelle Prondzynski