Author Topic: P&O Social Care  (Read 1779 times)

Offline Bruce Nicholls

P&O Social Care
« on: Jul 07, 2012, 09:29 AM »
I thought I would report on this as I was really impressed with the attention given to my stepfather by P&O on the Adonia.

Unfortunately while my mother and stepfather were away my eldest stepbrother died of a massive heart attack aged 57. His brother wanted to contact his father but he only knew he was on a P&O ship (in his shock at events he completely forgot that I might know which ship). He phoned P&O and explained why he needed to contact his father. From the telephone number they instantly located which ship and contacted Adonia to ask them to locate my stepfather and ask him to phone home urgently.

After hearing the news my parents decided there was little that could be done at home and to finish their trip. P&O did offer to arrange flights home if they wanted to return. More importantly they kept a close eye on my stepfather for the remainder of the cruise and phoned his son from the ship to report that he was ok and that the social care team would ensure that he was looked after for the remainder of the cruise. My stepfather was completely unaware of this extra attention and put the attentiveness down to extremely good service from P&O, which indeed it was.

Offline Rod

Re: P&O Social Care
« Reply #1 on: Jul 07, 2012, 11:05 AM »
Sorry for your loss. But thats great to hear.

Online Lynda Bradford

Re: P&O Social Care
« Reply #2 on: Jul 07, 2012, 11:49 AM »
Sorry to hear about your stepbrother's death, which must have been quite a shock for your stepfather and other members of the family. 

It is good to know that these procedures are in place to support people through a bereavement or other family situations. 
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank