Author Topic: The New QE2Story Badge!  (Read 23396 times)

Offline Isabelle Prondzynski

Re: The New QE2Story Badge!
« Reply #30 on: Jan 21, 2011, 01:24 PM »
Mine too has just arrived   :D  ! Such excellent design and workmanship -- well done to Richard, Lynda and Rob!

I shall wear it very happily -- and shall make sure I catch a good photo opportunity in a shippy place to show it off!

Offline Janice Naylor

« Reply #31 on: Jan 24, 2011, 10:26 PM »
Hi Rob - My QE2Story pin arrived in Clifton Park, NY, today.  They are beautifully done ... great job to everyone who was involved in the process.  I have already pinned it to the lapel of my winter overcoat which I will be wearing often since it was minus 18 degrees here last night!

Thank you for the postcard of the QE2 passing Liberty Island.  It was an unexpected treat when I opened the package.  I always get a little misty eyed when I see her like that.

Janice
Whenever I hear a sea story I think of the first time I saw the QE2 and the great adventures that followed.

Offline Bruce Nicholls

« Reply #32 on: Jan 25, 2011, 10:03 AM »
Hi Rob

My badge arrived aboard yesterday, post takes a long time to get to our rural outback. The badge is a fabulous production, well done. 
The Stamp & frame are neat and easily get round our ban on any more pictures due to the restricted wall space on board. The post card is very nostalgic.

Thanks, Bruce.

Offline Bob C.

« Reply #33 on: Jan 25, 2011, 02:26 PM »
Still waiting for mine...can't wait.

Offline luzparis

« Reply #34 on: Jan 25, 2011, 11:04 PM »
I am happy i receive today my badge .. He s very beautiful  :)

Offline Chris

« Reply #35 on: Jan 28, 2011, 02:02 AM »
A great surprise when this arrived today!

The badges are superb, very high quality and a great gift, will be worn with pride aboard Queen Elizabeth soon.

Marc-Antoine's post cards are a treasure.

The ordering, postage and delivery of this Rob is very professional - complete with QE2 Story logo on the stamp - well done.

Chris.
🎥 Check out my QE2 & Cruise Ship Videos: https://www.youtube.com/chrisframeofficial/

Offline Bob C.

« Reply #36 on: Jan 28, 2011, 02:07 PM »
I'm like a little kid waiting for Christmas morning.  Any day now...

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
« Reply #37 on: Jan 28, 2011, 04:54 PM »
I'm like a little kid waiting for Christmas morning.  Any day now...
Hi bob. I just checked for you and the royal mail picked it up from my post box on monday 17th - I would have thought you'd have had it before now!
Passionate about QE2's service life for 40 years and creator of this website.  I have worked in IT for 28 years and created my personal QE2 website in 1994.

Offline Bob C.

« Reply #38 on: Feb 01, 2011, 10:31 PM »
Finally got it today!  Here's a few pix of it - I thought the setting was appropriate.  Took the 2nd because the badge is a bit lost in the 1st photo. 

OBTW Rob,
  To answer your question, the package was post-marked on the 17th.  It must have had quite a journey over the past 15 days!

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
« Reply #39 on: Feb 02, 2011, 09:36 PM »
Glad that it arrived Bob, it looks very good in its new surroundings :)
Passionate about QE2's service life for 40 years and creator of this website.  I have worked in IT for 28 years and created my personal QE2 website in 1994.

Offline No 736

« Reply #40 on: Feb 12, 2011, 04:44 PM »
Hello, no shippy places on the horizon, but following on from Lyndas example.
Perhaps a badge of these proportions would remind visitors of her continued plight !!

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
« Reply #41 on: Feb 13, 2011, 10:45 PM »
Hello, no shippy places on the horizon, but following on from Lyndas example.
Perhaps a badge of these proportions would remind visitors of her continued plight !!
Excellent Idea!!

Offline QE2 Canuck

« Reply #42 on: Mar 05, 2011, 04:18 PM »

Hi there.... 2 more badges are now over here in Ontario Canada.... will wear one whenever I can..... they are really nice...
they were ordered by my sister-in-law over in England and mailed to me.... it was easier doing it this way....

QE2 Canuck     Linda C

Offline Ron Burchett

« Reply #43 on: Apr 14, 2011, 12:51 PM »
Hi Rob,  I'm very impressed with the new badge.  It looks very much like you've adopted my suggested refinement of painting the funnel, which I did by hand with model paints on the old version.  Well done!  Ron B.

Offline PaulInuk

« Reply #44 on: Apr 26, 2015, 08:22 PM »
I, ve got that book
paul