Author Topic: QE2 Transart Brochure 1969  (Read 45792 times)

Offline cunardqueen

Re: QE2 Transart Brochure 1969
« Reply #75 on: Jun 10, 2023, 08:13 PM »
  I didn't manage to sell my Transart Brochure/Book.  I had even reduced the price to £95, but as I don't want to sell for any less I delisted the item. I may try again later in the year.  It is a lovely item, just not many QE2 memorabilia collectors want to buy at the moment. 

Dont give up, Ebay is a strange thing, the QE2 Maiden Voyage rothmans cig tin . Iv wanted one for years . but felt a tenner was a bit much , but as time wore on they have increased, as much as £50 then a few months back one appeared, wrongly listed, and l got one for £2.99  Pursers locker was selling the original makers version used to make the tin at £500 in a lovely folder.

The QE2 Medailion from the 87 voyage l got two from the voyage, then a number of years ago sold one for over £55 now they are going from anything over £4.99
As l say dont give up.   
From the moment you first glimpsed the Queen,
 you just knew you were in for a very special time ahead.!

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
« Reply #76 on: Jun 11, 2023, 12:04 PM »
I didn't manage to sell my Transart Brochure/Book.  I had even reduced the price to £95, but as I don't want to sell for any less I delisted the item. I may try again later in the year.  It is a lovely item, just not many QE2 memorabilia collectors wanting to buy at the moment.

I wonder what somewhere like Cobwebs would offer you for it.  Its a gorgeous book.
Passionate about QE2's service life for 40 years and creator of this website.  I have worked in IT for 28 years and created my personal QE2 website in 1994.

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #77 on: Nov 06, 2023, 07:42 PM »
Admin have been contacted by a friend of a member of the Break Charity, which is based in East Anglia and Cotswold areas. The aim of the charity is to offer support to children in care (follow link to see more details) 

They have asked us if we could post details of a QE2 Transart Brochure that has been donated to the charity. 

Condition:
I just went through it and apart from the crease on the first transparent leaf, it’s otherwise in good condition with no damage to any of the pages. The once white cover does look a bit ‘grubby’, which I hope may be clear in the photos, but I think it’s pretty good considering it’s age

Price: looking for offers in the region of £100 (all proceeds of the sale will be donated to the charity). 

If you are interested in making an offer to purchase the Transart Brochure, please contact admin@theqe2story.com.  We will pass all communication to the representative for the charity.  Payment would be arranged between the purchaser and the charity. 
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank