Author Topic: Isn't she beautiful!!! (a parade of ugly cruise ships!)  (Read 77647 times)

Offline Dr. Edmund Carus

• Caronia Diner
  • Too ugly to show my picture!
Hello all,

I don't want you all to spill your porridge when you see this!

I though the QV was ugly but wait!! Look at this upcoming NCL monster!

Cheers!

Edmund

Offline Dr. Edmund Carus

• Caronia Diner
Re: There's hope for QV!
« Reply #1 on: Mar 04, 2009, 01:10 PM »
Isn;t it strange that the Vista Cunard "let go" to build the QV bacame the Arcadia (P&O). This ship looks more "got together than the QV. What do people think?

Cheers!

Edmund

Offline Twynkle

« Reply #2 on: Mar 04, 2009, 03:31 PM »

And the QE2 is beyond compare!

Offline Dr. Edmund Carus

• Caronia Diner
« Reply #3 on: Mar 04, 2009, 03:36 PM »
I totally agree Rosie.
« Last Edit: Jan 11, 2010, 07:58 PM by Rob Lightbody »
Edmund

Offline Andrew Collier

« Reply #4 on: Mar 04, 2009, 03:54 PM »
I agree Edmund that Arcadia always has looked better than QV, the all white colour scheme seems to suit the design better, the dark hull combined with dark glass of all the balconies gives QV not enough white superstructure, looks too dark overall in my opinion.

Sadly Arcadia has just had a refit which has seen a load of new cabins added to the stern, this has squared up the stern and made the ship even more boxy and less attractive, if they do the same to QV at some stage, as I suspect is likely as other member of the class have been so extended, then there is no hope at all for QV!

As for Norwegian Epic, I just don't understand! All that money, a ship so huge, a clean drawing board from which they could have created anything they desired and someone somewhere has decided by choice to make it look like that?! I wonder what the people of Norway think about the name of their nation being associated with such a ship! Am just glad personally its not British Epic or English Epic! Oh how I wish to design and build my own, show the, all how it could be done! ;-)
The Virtual Staff Captain

Offline Mauretania1907

« Reply #5 on: Mar 06, 2009, 06:25 AM »
 ;D O my giddy aunt! if this is the future of cruise ships, count me out. That ship is fugly, even Vicky Brown looks good in comparison. Has anyone seen Oasis of the Seas. Arrrgh, another heap of ugliness.
I flee in horror, back to our lovely QE2.

Offline Mauretania1907

Re: I'm lost for words!
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2009, 10:40 PM »
I don't mind the hull artwork, it's rather pretty, but the ship herself looks top-heavy and ugly.

KEV

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2009, 10:51 PM »
And the centre of gravity has no doubt been fully modelled and agreed by an Interior Designer/curtain maker, sorry Professional Marine Architect, and is at what point exactly on the ship ? and no doubt allows for the ever changing tolerances required by refits/passenger numbers etc.......,

Online Bob C.

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2009, 04:13 PM »
wait a minute, this has been done before by NCL when they added all the rooms to the Norway, ex France

I always thought Norway was never as attractive as SS France due to the upper level additions, fan-tail and paint job.  I understand shipping line colors but there is no argument in which ship is more attractive when comparing before and after photos.  Of course this is a big reason I (and most if not all on this board) want to keep QE2 as is.  You can't improve on perfection!

Dead are the days of ocean liners and very much alive are the days of hotels built on ship hulls - a pity.

Offline Malcolm

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2009, 08:51 PM »
there's been a van painted with similar graphics outside my home for several days....gone now, thankfully!

You poor thing. Take a couple of aspirin and a large glass of whatever you fancy. Then go and lie down for a few hours - you'll feel better then!

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
« Last Edit: Jul 03, 2009, 03:06 PM by Rob Lightbody »
Passionate about QE2's service life for 40 years and creator of this website.  I have worked in IT for 28 years and created my personal QE2 website in 1994.

Offline Clyde Paddler

Re: Isn't she beautiful!!!
« Reply #11 on: Jun 08, 2009, 10:39 PM »

"You - or someone - should have gone to Specsavers"   Aaaargh!

HELEN
Harrogate, UK

Offline Louis De Sousa

• QE2 Crew member
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • QE2 The Greatest Ship Ever
« Reply #12 on: Jun 08, 2009, 10:46 PM »
You are joking arent you,Rob?

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
« Reply #13 on: Jun 08, 2009, 11:04 PM »
That hideous god-awful ship makes me want to cry.  And she is, arguably, the state of the art.

Once upon a time the beautiful Queen Elizabeth was the biggest liner in the world, now that.... THING... is!

THere's going to be a disaster on one of these awful creations, there really is.  But i won't be there to see it, because i have no intention on ever being on board any of them!
Passionate about QE2's service life for 40 years and creator of this website.  I have worked in IT for 28 years and created my personal QE2 website in 1994.

Offline Twynkle

« Reply #14 on: Jun 08, 2009, 11:18 PM »

Hey Rob

(It's lop-sided, got a sputnik and baby, three oversized cotton reels with clothes pegs sticking out and a washing line astern...   It might even be making qV feel a bit better!)

In truth - a Travesty.
Thank goodness (again) for QE2.