Author Topic: Drawing Ships  (Read 10617 times)

Offline highlander0108

Re: Drawing Ships
« Reply #15 on: Jul 04, 2009, 02:33 PM »
I can sketch her profile in about the same time too!  For instance, at work in  boring meetings, I find myself sketching my favorite obsession.  A mechanical engineer, sitting next to me at these meetings, commented on what I was doing and was amazed when we struck up a conversation about the ship and her conversion from steam to diesel/electric.  In that particular meeting, we were discussing fire tube boilers for a lab building we were designing.  Now this engineer went to University of Michigan, which has an excellent Naval Architecture School, and he was always fascinated with ship design.  Now, after hearing so much about the ship from me in our conversations, he too has become a big fan and has even gone off and done his own research online about QE2.  He lives in NYC and recalls seeing the ship so many times and regrets not ever sailing on her.  I will have to scan a few pages of my notebooks soon with my QE2 doodles to post.
"There will never be another one like her" QE2's last Master Ian McNaught
My Blog:  http://qe2-prideoftheclyde.blogspot.com/

Offline Avariel

« Reply #16 on: Jul 04, 2009, 03:40 PM »
A doodle from school. I was bored during a group discussion and started drawing. Took the photo with my phone since that was the only thing on me.

Am trying to find a paint program for windows mobile so I can draw on my phone.

Offline luzparis

« Reply #17 on: Jul 09, 2009, 06:28 PM »
hello this my new drawing of QE2

Offline luzparis

« Reply #18 on: Jul 14, 2009, 11:47 AM »
a new one found in my papers this is a 14 years old drawing  made during a boring days in school!!

Offline Chris

« Reply #19 on: Jul 14, 2009, 03:03 PM »
Brilliant :)
🎥 Check out my QE2 & Cruise Ship Videos: https://www.youtube.com/chrisframeofficial/

Offline Twynkle

« Reply #20 on: Jul 19, 2009, 09:11 AM »

Thease are great drawings, Luzparis (Pat)

Unmistakably our QE2!

Have you thought of making them into a series of postcards?

Offline luzparis

« Reply #21 on: Jul 19, 2009, 10:29 AM »
thank's for your comments !! and no I'm thinking for postcards!