Author Topic: QE2 used for Film and TV Work  (Read 76658 times)

Online cunardqueen

Re: QE2 used for Film and TV Work
« Reply #105 on: Aug 31, 2012, 06:54 PM »
And there is of course Brideshead revisited.."The Storm" but its mainly outside deck views..
From the moment you first glimpsed the Queen,
 you just knew you were in for a very special time ahead.!

Offline riskygizmo

« Reply #106 on: Mar 29, 2013, 11:20 AM »
And here's a bit of QE2 TV used as a showreel for the band Leesantoo.

Full Away on Passage.

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
« Reply #107 on: Mar 29, 2013, 06:20 PM »
Crossroads goes cruising (the horror! the horror!)

Brilliant!  Looks like they just used her while in port in Southampton to save money!  Filmed in 1981.  The last scene of her sailing away, resplendent in her original funnel is a lovely scene.
Passionate about QE2's service life for 40 years and creator of this website.  I have worked in IT for 28 years and created my personal QE2 website in 1994.

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #108 on: Mar 30, 2013, 10:22 AM »
Crossroads goes cruising (the horror! the horror!)

They saved the best to last when the real star's voice was heard!  :)
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank

Offline riskygizmo

« Reply #109 on: Apr 06, 2013, 02:19 AM »
A bit of useless trivia re that Crossroads episode. The last scenes are of Noele Gordon going off on holiday, never to return, I believe. That was her retirement from the business both fictionally and literally. In the opening scene, the older actor is Ronald Allen who made his big screen debut pretending to sail off on another big liner and not come back in A Night to Remember back in 1958.
Full Away on Passage.

Offline Adam Hodson

• Ocean Liner Enthusiast
  • Princess Grill Diner
  • A young photographer, and a QE2 & Concorde lover!
    • Flickr Photostream
« Reply #110 on: Apr 16, 2014, 06:10 PM »
The Keeping up Appearances episode filmed on the QE2 was fantastic. That was what got me interested in our beloved QE2.  If anyone is interested in watching it, it is available on YouTube. :)
« Last Edit: Apr 16, 2014, 06:12 PM by Adam Hodson »
"The QE2 is one of the last great transatlantic liners, and arguably the most famous liner in the world"

"QE2 and Concorde, a partnership that lasted almost 30 years... two stunning pieces of engineering, never to be forgotten!"

Offline Hank Hargrove

• Princess Grill Diner
  • Christ follower, liner lover, and Okie.
« Reply #111 on: Apr 17, 2014, 03:23 PM »
The Keeping up Appearances episode filmed on the QE2 was fantastic. That was what got me interested in our beloved QE2.  If anyone is interested in watching it, it is available on YouTube. :)

I am interested. Do you have the link?
The cross: The supreme symbol of love.

SS United States forever.

lewisstone

« Reply #112 on: Apr 23, 2014, 05:18 PM »
I remember when the national geographic were on board, they were supposed to film 17 hours for their archives. I decided to make sure that I would go down in history by getting in the way of the cameras as much as possible, At captains cocktail party, in the restaurant, in the kitchens, on embarkation every time I saw them filming I tried to make an impression, and I got in the way, a few years later sky TV put the film on the discovery channel, I was so excited at the thought of seeing myself on the telly I recorded it to watch at my leisure, when I saw the film I did not see myself anywhere so I watch in in slow motion to see if I could see myself in the background, all of the exposure that I got was 3-25ths of a second of my right ear and shoulder, talk about disappointment.

Offline Hank Hargrove

• Princess Grill Diner
  • Christ follower, liner lover, and Okie.
« Reply #113 on: Apr 23, 2014, 08:27 PM »
National Geographic's "The Superliners - Twilight of an Era" was the first time I had seen the QE2 in action - it was one of the things that got me interested in her - then she came to Boston for DecWorld in 1987 and I knew I had to sail on her!  My copy of "Superliners" is VHS - I have to find a way to get it onto DVD!!

The Queen Mary has a shop that, if you buy a VHS copy, you get a DVD copy free.
The cross: The supreme symbol of love.

SS United States forever.

Offline Adam Hodson

• Ocean Liner Enthusiast
  • Princess Grill Diner
  • A young photographer, and a QE2 & Concorde lover!
    • Flickr Photostream
« Reply #114 on: Apr 23, 2014, 08:41 PM »
That's a good idea. Thanks for sharing.
"The QE2 is one of the last great transatlantic liners, and arguably the most famous liner in the world"

"QE2 and Concorde, a partnership that lasted almost 30 years... two stunning pieces of engineering, never to be forgotten!"

Offline Twynkle

« Reply #115 on: Dec 26, 2014, 02:20 PM »
Keeping Up Appearances - 'Sea Fever' with QE2 is on TV this afternoon (26th December '14)
Drama Channel, on  Freeview Channel 20 (UK) at 17.40hrs

(Rob 'n Mods, you might wish to delete this later!)

Offline Chris

« Reply #116 on: Apr 05, 2015, 02:38 PM »
Note: You Tube link not active

Here's the Masterchef episode.
« Last Edit: Apr 25, 2023, 09:09 AM by Lynda Bradford »
🎥 Check out my QE2 & Cruise Ship Videos: https://www.youtube.com/chrisframeofficial/

Offline David Steven

« Reply #117 on: Feb 20, 2016, 09:17 PM »
Hello everyone!
I stumbled across your forum quite by chance!
Sadly I was never aboard the QEII, but as I'm researching a personal project on the TV show 'Crossroads' I wanted to ask your forum members a question.

Noele Gordon, who played the character Meg Mortimer on the show, famously sailed off into the sunset on the ship (it wasn't her retirement from showbiz as someone above has said, but her last scene after being sacked from the show). Filming took place on board at Southampton and reports say many guests and staff that day had their photo taken with Nolly.
I wondered if anyone was there, had any memories of it happening, or indeed, any photographs with her that I might see.

Offline PaulInuk

« Reply #118 on: Feb 21, 2016, 10:50 AM »
If qe2 was back in uk, she could have made money from film work, as well as lots of other things, I, ve got lots of ideas
paul

Online cunardqueen

« Reply #119 on: Feb 21, 2016, 04:11 PM »
Wasnt there a QE2 Masterchef episode featuring the Captains Table and lm sure two members from here were on that Table.
From the moment you first glimpsed the Queen,
 you just knew you were in for a very special time ahead.!