Author Topic: July 2024 : Crew at work -- in uniform  (Read 476 times)

Online Isabelle Prondzynski

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
    • prondis_in_kenya
July 2024 : Crew at work -- in uniform
« on: Jul 03, 2024, 07:01 PM »
The theme for this month's photo competition is "Crew at work -- in uniform", chosen by Bob C.

Photos could be taken on board or on shore, provided that the crew at work in the photo are in their uniforms. This should lead to plenty of entries, as I am sure that we all (crew members or passengers) often enjoyed taking photos of crew members.

Some pictures may already be in the QE2 Story Gallery -- if you would like to use any of those for the competition, just let the Moderators know, and we can enter them for you, without removing them from their original albums. We also assume that any photos in the Gallery may be entered in the competition by the Moderators on behalf of the owners / photographer members.

Your description should if possible give some information about when and where the photo was taken.

Photos entered should be your own, or if not, please post them with permission of the photographer, mentioning the name for copyright reasons, and so that the owner can be credited.

Enjoy the search and the memories!

How to enter

The album is open -- so now is the time to look for your three most interesting pictures on this theme. Wishing you happy memories as you search your photo collection to find up to three pictures to upload to the competition album.

This link will take you straight there : Crew at work -- in uniform.

If you have not uploaded photos to the Forum Gallery for a while, have a look at these instructions, and if you have any problems or would like us to move a photo from the Gallery into the competition, just contact us on admin@theqe2story.com.

If it helps, you could email the photos to the above address, and we shall gladly upload them for you.

The deadline for submitting photos is 1 August 2024. Voting will run from the beginning of September 2024 until 1 October 2024, until everyone's time zone has caught up with the closing date.

We look forward to seeing your photos in this competition. 

This is the seventh month of photos for the 2025 calendar. Maybe your photo will figure there :) .

Enjoy yourselves!

Online Lynda Bradford

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
Re: July 2024 : Crew at work -- in uniform
« Reply #1 on: Jul 04, 2024, 10:12 AM »
Lots of photos in the Gallery of crew in uniform so hoping that we get lots of entries either from photos in the gallery or new picture uploaded to the competition.
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank

Online Lynda Bradford

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
« Reply #2 on: Jul 06, 2024, 09:29 AM »
We have 18 photos uploaded to the competition album so far.  This topic is an opportunity to see lots of crew photos of crew in their uniforms. 

Looking forward to having a bumper response to this month's competition with lots more photos.  Should we set a target?  How many photos would you suggest?
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank

Online Andy Holloway

• QE2 Crew member
  • Princess Grill Diner
« Reply #3 on: Jul 06, 2024, 04:44 PM »
Can i vote for myself - hundreds of times!

That photo was taken on Friday Feb 1st 2002 in Moorea, French Polynesia.

After seeing that photo my wife never beleived i worked hard ever again!

Online Isabelle Prondzynski

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
    • prondis_in_kenya
« Reply #4 on: Jul 06, 2024, 08:26 PM »
I look forward to seeing some crew at work (in their working attire) "behind the scenes" where we passengers were not normally invited to go -- the laundry team, the cooks and chefs in their galleys, the store managers, the engineers working with their engines, and others.

Online Andy Holloway

• QE2 Crew member
  • Princess Grill Diner
« Reply #5 on: Jul 06, 2024, 09:03 PM »
Can i vote for myself - hundreds of times!

That photo was taken on Friday Feb 1st 2002 in Moorea, French Polynesia.

After seeing that photo my wife never beleived i worked hard ever again!

My daughter says that this photo should not  be allowed as i'm not at work, just skiving - as usual, cheeky monkey!

Online Lynda Bradford

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
« Reply #6 on: Jul 07, 2024, 12:29 PM »

Looking forward to having a bumper response to this month's competition with lots more photos.  Should we set a target?  How many photos would you suggest?

22 photos now in the competition album.  Should we set a target for 30 photos for this month or higher?

Online Lynda Bradford

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
« Reply #7 on: Jul 10, 2024, 11:59 AM »
Please help - we need three more photos added to the competition to reach our first target of 30 photos.  When we reach the target we go for target number 2 - what will it be?

Online Lynda Bradford

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
« Reply #8 on: Jul 18, 2024, 07:33 PM »
Please help - we need three more photos added to the competition to reach our first target of 30 photos.  When we reach the target we go for target number 2 - what will it be?

Good news we have reached our target of 30 photos entered in the July photo competition.  We now have 33 pictures entered to the album, which is excellent to see this response.  However it would be good to get more entries, so if you have photo(s) of QE2 crew at work - in uniform please upload and support the competition.   

2015 Archive - July 2014 photo competition : QE2's Funnel (closing 31 July 2014)

Started by Isabelle ProndzynskiBoard Archived Topics (older calendars)

Replies: 4
Views: 3186
Last post Jul 28, 2014, 01:55 PM
by June Ingram
July 2020 : Swimming pools

Started by Isabelle ProndzynskiBoard Archived Topics (older calendars)

Replies: 4
Views: 907
Last post Jul 30, 2020, 10:36 AM
by Lynda Bradford
July 2021 Newsletter

Started by Lynda BradfordBoard QE2 Story Newsletters

Replies: 0
Views: 516
Last post Jul 31, 2021, 09:47 AM
by Lynda Bradford
My Med cruise (20th July 2009)

Started by WaverleyBoard Passenger & Enthusiast Memories