Author Topic: QM2 off Calshot Spit, 14th August 2010  (Read 528 times)

Online Peter Mugridge

• Queens Grill Diner
  • At Mach 2 three days after being on QE2...
QM2 off Calshot Spit, 14th August 2010
« on: Jan 21, 2024, 10:24 PM »
Here's a video I uploaded to YouTube this afternoon; we were at Calshot Spit specifically to view her.  She appears around half way through the video.

Stephen Payne was on board for this voyage; I sent him a copy of this on DVD at the time.  :)

Ignore that the static video image is of some other ship... that's just YouTube trying to annoy me...  :o ::)

"It is a capital mistake to allow any mechanical object to realise that you are in a hurry!"

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Beautiful, elegant QE2 - forever Queen of the Seas
Re: QM2 off Calshot Spit, 14th August 2010
« Reply #1 on: Jan 22, 2024, 09:02 PM »
Great video, Peter ! Thanks for sharing!
QE2 - the ship for all of time, a ship of timeless beauty !

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
« Reply #2 on: Jan 25, 2024, 02:00 PM »
Here's a video I uploaded to YouTube this afternoon; we were at Calshot Spit specifically to view her.  She appears around half way through the video.

Stephen Payne was on board for this voyage; I sent him a copy of this on DVD at the time.  :)

Ignore that the static video image is of some other ship... that's just YouTube trying to annoy me...  :o ::)

Great video Peter.  If you go into the edit bit on youtube, you can select an alternate thumbnail, or even upload your own.
Passionate about QE2's service life for 40 years and creator of this website.  I have worked in IT for 28 years and created my personal QE2 website in 1994.

Online Peter Mugridge

• Queens Grill Diner
  • At Mach 2 three days after being on QE2...
« Reply #3 on: Jan 25, 2024, 09:26 PM »
Great video Peter.  If you go into the edit bit on Youtube, you can select an alternate thumbnail, or even upload your own.

Yes, I may do that - but it's a pain when actually uploading the video to select anything other than the three choices YouTube offers; it would be nice if I could drag the cursor along the uploaded video and tell it to use the particular moment at that time before going live in the first place... but it doesn't.

I might well change it at some point... and not just the thumbnail on this video, but on several of them.

Then again, the title of it on YouTube is "Fort Victoria and Calshot Spit 14th August 2010" and doesn't mention any ship by name, so...

« Last Edit: Jan 25, 2024, 09:36 PM by Peter Mugridge »
"It is a capital mistake to allow any mechanical object to realise that you are in a hurry!"