Author Topic: October 2022 : Colour black  (Read 1157 times)

Online Isabelle Prondzynski

October 2022 : Colour black
« on: Oct 09, 2022, 04:45 PM »
This will be another special month, because you will be able to upload photos to the competition album until the end of November, giving you almost two months to search out the best.

The reason is the next month, November 2022, we shall be running "The Best of the Best of 2022", reviewing all the prizewinning pictures of this year to make a final choice as to which is the best.

The theme for the present photo competition is "Colour black", chosen by Cunarder Man.

Anything (or anyone) you have spotted on or of QE2 which is black in colour would make a great entry to this competition.

Photos must be taken during QE2's service life, from within the ship, on deck or from shoreside. They must contain at least a sliver of QE2 herself.

Photos entered should be your own, or if not, please post them with permission of the photographer, mentioning the name for copyright reasons, and so that the owner can win the prize!

Enjoy the search! It is bound to bring many happy memories :) .

The prize this month is the Vistaprint desktop calendar for 2023, being prepared by me at this time with some of the prizewinning photos of the past year.

How to enter

The album is open -- so now is the time to look for your three most interesting pictures on this theme. Wishing you happy memories as you search your photo collection to find up to three pictures to upload to the competition album.

Your description should if possible give some information about the location of the ship when the photo was taken, and the year.

This link will take you straight there : Colour black.

If you have not uploaded photos to the Forum Gallery before, have a look at these instructions, and if you have any problems or would like us to move a photo from the Gallery into the competition, just contact us on admin@theqe2story.com.

If it helps, you could email the photos to the above address, and we shall gladly upload them for you.

The deadline for submitting photos is 30 November 2022. Voting will run from 1 December 2022 until 1 January 2023, until everyone's time zone has caught up with the closing date.

We look forward to seeing your photos in this competition. 

This is the first month of photos for the 2024 calendar (already!).

Enjoy yourselves!  :)
« Last Edit: Dec 02, 2022, 10:35 AM by Lynda Bradford »

Online Lynda Bradford

Re: October 2022 : Colour black
« Reply #1 on: Oct 10, 2022, 09:40 AM »
Thanks Isabelle for setting up the album for the October competition and hope the announcement of the theme has started people thinking about what photos to upload. 

Theme - Colour Black

The theme for the present photo competition is "Colour black", chosen by Cunarder Man.

Anything (or anyone) you have spotted on or of QE2 which is black in colour would make a great entry to this competition.

Photos must be taken during QE2's service life, from within the ship, on deck or from shoreside. They must contain at least a sliver of QE2 herself.
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank

« Reply #2 on: Oct 10, 2022, 10:48 AM »
Thanks Isabelle for setting up the album for the October competition and hope the announcement of the theme has started people thinking about what photos to upload. 

Theme - Colour Black

I have just looked at your photos, Lynda -- and you have had a great idea, using a black-and-white photo! I agree that this is totally within the rules of the competition -- so all black-and-white photos of QE2 are welcome!

And of course all other photos highlighting the colour black to be found on or of QE2.

This should open up the photo competition! Excited to see what it will bring in :) .

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #3 on: Oct 11, 2022, 09:44 AM »
I have just looked at your photos, Lynda -- and you have had a great idea, using a black-and-white photo! I agree that this is totally within the rules of the competition -- so all black-and-white photos of QE2 are welcome!

And of course all other photos highlighting the colour black to be found on or of QE2.

This should open up the photo competition! Excited to see what it will bring in :) .

My three entries are feeling a bit lonely as they are the only photos uploaded so far.  I enjoyed looking for possible options to fit this month's theme.  I am hoping that lots more photos are uploaded, especially as there is an extended deadline to 30 November. 
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank

Online Thomas Hypher

• Queens Grill Diner
  • QE2 started a dream to go to sea - now a reality!
« Reply #4 on: Oct 16, 2022, 02:10 AM »
This photo competition has reminded me of a question I've had for a bit. Was QE2's funnel actually painted black, or did it use the same federal grey as the hull for practical and logistical reasons? The federal grey being close enough to pass as black in most cases.
First sailed on QE2 in August 2003 aged 6 years old. Last sailed on QE2 in July 2008. Last saw the seagoing QE2 in person from the decks of QM2, on QE2's last Transatlantic crossing (Eastbound tandem) in October 2008. Visited QE2 in her new life, in Dubai, in January 2020 and August 2022.

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #5 on: Nov 06, 2022, 05:29 PM »
The Photo Competition theme Colour Black will run until the end of November, so time to look for three photos that meet the theme and upload to the gallery album

The prize for the winner is The QE2 Story desktop calendar 2023

If your need help uploading photos just contact admin@theqe2story.com

« Reply #6 on: Nov 09, 2022, 10:00 PM »
I finally got my act together and uploaded three suitable black-and-white photos, all of which bring back lovely memories.

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #7 on: Nov 14, 2022, 10:06 AM »

I love seeing the photos entered every month and this month is no exception with 26 fabulous photos added to the album

If want to enter the competition and you need help uploading your photos contact us at admin@theqe2story.com and we would be glad to help and remember there is the opportunity to win a prize.

Thanks to everyone who has entered photos.

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #8 on: Nov 22, 2022, 09:20 AM »
Still looking for photos for this month's competition?

If you need some inspiration - Have a look at the photos that have been uploaded to the competition album

https://www.theqe2story.com/forum/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=282

The prize - the 2023 desktop calendar is not available to purchase so enter now to have a chance of winning this lovely prize.

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #9 on: Nov 27, 2022, 05:46 PM »
Twenty nine photos uploaded to the current competition "Colour Black"

We appreciated everyone who has taken time to enter their photos, but more photos would be good if you could have a look at your QE2 photos that would meet the theme and enter up to three pictures.  If you need help just contact admin@theqe2story.com

Have a look at the photos that have been uploaded so far:
https://www.theqe2story.com/forum/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=282

QE2 Refit 28 October to 20 November 1975

Started by Lynda BradfordBoard 1969 and the 1970s

Replies: 0
Views: 1300
Last post Jan 14, 2016, 09:50 AM
by Lynda Bradford
QE2's Final day in NYC - October 16th, 2008

Started by Ocean Liner FanaticBoard Final Departures & Final Season Memories

Replies: 25
Views: 8187
Last post Oct 10, 2017, 02:47 PM
by Derek Boyd
October 2017 : Midnight buffet and other photos of food

Started by Isabelle ProndzynskiBoard Archived Topics (older calendars)

Replies: 20
Views: 3602
Last post Nov 01, 2017, 02:25 PM
by Pete Hamill
Poll for the October Photo Competition - Legend (2018 Calendar)

Started by Lynda BradfordBoard Archived Topics (older calendars)

Replies: 21
Views: 4665
Last post Dec 01, 2016, 11:20 PM
by Isabelle Prondzynski
Queen Elizabeth Arrival 8 October 2010

Started by Cunarder ManBoard The Cruise Queens (QV, QE & QA)

Replies: 39
Views: 11444
Last post Oct 10, 2010, 05:01 PM
by Twynkle