Author Topic: Capt Sir Ian McNaught  (Read 826 times)

Online Andy Holloway

Capt Sir Ian McNaught
« on: Jun 15, 2024, 11:30 AM »
Hearty Congratutlations to Capt Sir Ian McNaught on his Knighthood in the King's Brithday Honours List 2024.

Knight/Dame Commander of the Royal Victorian Order (KCVO / DCVO)
Isobel Jane, the Duchess of Northumberland, lately Lord-Lieutenant of Northumberland.
Rupert Charles, Baron de Mauley, TD, Master of the Horse.
Captain Ian McNaught, CVO, lately Deputy Master, the Corporation of Trinity House.

Online Cunarder Man

Re: Capt Sir Ian McNaught
« Reply #1 on: Jun 15, 2024, 11:47 AM »
I am sure that all members of the QE2 Story will support me in passing on huge congratulations to Captain Sir Ian McNaught on his Knighthood in the King's Birthday Honours List 2024.

A very well deserved honour to a man dedicated to his work and all those in his command. A very kind person and a much respected Captain of Queen Elizabeth 2.

In addition many congratulations to Lady Susan McNaught.

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
« Reply #2 on: Jun 15, 2024, 11:57 AM »
I am sure that all members of the QE2 Story will support me in passing on huge congratulations to Captain Sir Ian McNaught on his Knighthood in the King's Birthday Honours List 2024.

A very well deserved honour to a man dedicated to his work and all those in his command. A very kind person and a much respected Captain of Queen Elizabeth 2.

I think we should send a QE2 Story Congratulations card.  I still have his address, assuming he hasn't moved.

I have however lost his email address.  The one I was using previously has stopped working.
Passionate about QE2's service life for 40 years and creator of this website.  I have worked in IT for 28 years and created my personal QE2 website in 1994.

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
« Reply #3 on: Jun 15, 2024, 11:59 AM »

Does anyone have a nice photo of Ian that I can use without incurring Copyright problems please ?
Passionate about QE2's service life for 40 years and creator of this website.  I have worked in IT for 28 years and created my personal QE2 website in 1994.

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #4 on: Jun 16, 2024, 10:53 AM »
Does anyone have a nice photo of Ian that I can use without incurring Copyright problems please ?

There are some nice pictures on the Gallery of Captain McNaught.

https://www.theqe2story.com/forum/gallery/thumbnails.php?search=Captain+Mcnaught&submit=search&album=search&title=on&newer_than=&caption=on&older_than=&keywords=on&type=AND

Cunarder Man' picture with Hamish is good.  Isabelle's photo at the book signing is funny but maybe not what you are looking for. 
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
« Reply #5 on: Jun 16, 2024, 04:06 PM »
 Knighthood is a 'fantastic honour' for Sunderland man who was last ever captain of the QE2

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/knighthood-fantastic-honour-sunderland-man-29364846

Offline Isabelle Prondzynski

« Reply #6 on: Jun 16, 2024, 09:03 PM »
There are some nice pictures on the Gallery of Captain McNaught.

https://www.theqe2story.com/forum/gallery/thumbnails.php?search=Captain+Mcnaught&submit=search&album=search&title=on&newer_than=&caption=on&older_than=&keywords=on&type=AND

Cunarder Man' picture with Hamish is good.  Isabelle's photo at the book signing is funny but maybe not what you are looking for.

Captain Ian McNaught
by Isabelle Prondzynski, on Flickr

Captain Ian McNaught

Captain Ian McNaught

A final glance

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
« Reply #7 on: Jun 20, 2024, 08:56 PM »
Does anyone know how to find out exactly when he'll be knighted?

Online Peter Mugridge

• Queens Grill Diner
  • At Mach 2 three days after being on QE2...
« Reply #8 on: Jun 20, 2024, 11:02 PM »
Should be something published in advance in the Palace court and social lists, I would have thought - but not sure exactly where to look.
"It is a capital mistake to allow any mechanical object to realise that you are in a hurry!"

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #9 on: Jun 22, 2024, 10:22 AM »
Read Captain McNaught's profile to learn more about his maritime career.   
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank