Author Topic: Anthony (Tony) Nother, QE2 Waiter, Columbia 1977-1980  (Read 4052 times)

TonyNother

:) can any one remember mee??
« Last Edit: Jan 10, 2014, 08:57 PM by Alan Snelson »

Offline Janice Naylor

Re: did any one know me.... recognise me name?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 10, 2011, 01:28 AM »
I haven't a clue who you are, Anthony, but look forward to finding out.  Welcome to the site. 

Janice
Whenever I hear a sea story I think of the first time I saw the QE2 and the great adventures that followed.

TonyNother

« Reply #2 on: Feb 11, 2011, 12:52 PM »
Ohhh thats a shame... It actually turns out that my name is Katy Nother, 19.. My father, Tony Nother was an extraordinary man. He sadly passed away when i was 8, so i never managed to get any info from him about the time in which he vayaged on the QE2. I was hoping someone knew him  :)

Offline Louis De Sousa

• QE2 Crew member
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • QE2 The Greatest Ship Ever
« Reply #3 on: Feb 11, 2011, 01:31 PM »
Hello Katy and welcome onboard

Could you give us a time range of when your Father was onboard? I am sure that would make it easier.

Louis

Offline Janice Naylor

« Reply #4 on: Feb 11, 2011, 04:44 PM »
Sorry to read about your dad Katy ... I hope you find some answers here.

Janice
Whenever I hear a sea story I think of the first time I saw the QE2 and the great adventures that followed.

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
« Reply #5 on: Feb 11, 2011, 06:33 PM »
Hi Katy, welcome!

please be patient, and I think someone wil remember your dad.  Some people only visit this site weekly, some monthly and some even less often or they haven't even found it yet! So check back every now and then to see. It would help to have a bit more info and a photo to jog people's memories.
Passionate about QE2's service life for 40 years and creator of this website.  I have worked in IT for 28 years and created my personal QE2 website in 1994.

Offline peter ward

« Reply #6 on: Feb 12, 2011, 06:42 PM »
hi katy, I remember your dad very well, he was aboard the QE2 around 1977-80..really sorry to hear about your loss ,he was one of the good guy's...alway's up for a laugh,It was hard work in the restaurants at sea and you had to make your own fun..tony and the other boy's certainly did that..the funny thing about your dads name was, whenever they put up a work roster i e for embarkation duties , if they didn't have all the names they would put A n  other ,meaning the head waiter would choose someone .. so when ever they put A Nother your dad wouldn't turn up with the excuse that he thought it was for the un-named steward!! katy,if you go on facebook and type QE2 ex crew ,somebody had put up a photograph of the columbia restaurant staff and your dad is bottom left with the trendy hair and moustache of the time..I also shared a cabin with him for a while ,well me and two others..there were four in our berth ,hope this has been of use to you ..I had many a drink and laugh with tony  on board and ashore .regards peter  ward
« Last Edit: Feb 12, 2011, 09:25 PM by peter ward »
peter

TonyNother

« Reply #7 on: Feb 16, 2011, 11:09 PM »
hi katy, I remember your dad very well, he was aboard the QE2 around 1977-80..really sorry to hear about your loss ,he was one of the good guy's...alway's up for a laugh,It was hard work in the restaurants at sea and you had to make your own fun..tony and the other boy's certainly did that..the funny thing about your dads name was, whenever they put up a work roster i e for embarkation duties , if they didn't have all the names they would put A n  other ,meaning the head waiter would choose someone .. so when ever they put A Nother your dad wouldn't turn up with the excuse that he thought it was for the un-named steward!! katy,if you go on facebook and type QE2 ex crew ,somebody had put up a photograph of the columbia restaurant staff and your dad is bottom left with the trendy hair and moustache of the time..I also shared a cabin with him for a while ,well me and two others..there were four in our berth ,hope this has been of use to you ..I had many a drink and laugh with tony  on board and ashore .regards peter  ward

Hi peterim soooo glad you have a picture of him... I dont have many, could you possibly send me that picture please? My email address
is noveywovey@googlemail.com my dad was such a ledgend!!! :)