Author Topic: Tony ? QE2 Ships Photographer Mid 70's + Late 80's  (Read 3728 times)

Offline Tony

• QE2 Crew member
  • Mauretania Diner (Early sitting)
  • Photog, 1976 and 1987
Tony ? QE2 Ships Photographer Mid 70's + Late 80's
« on: Jul 02, 2010, 02:55 PM »
I was around in the mid 70,s and again in the late 80's. I have to dig out my old pictures, I have some of the major refit as i stayed on board for awhile. I remember four class cruising, the first 2 day cruise to nowhere, the "This is your life filming" etc.
Now living in San Diego
« Last Edit: Jan 10, 2014, 08:47 PM by Alan Snelson »

Offline Bob C.

Re: Hello From another Photog
« Reply #1 on: Jul 02, 2010, 11:59 PM »
Welcome to the forum!   If you were onboard in the mid-70's to 80's, my family traveled on QE2 in '74, '77 and '79 in that timeframe. You probably snapped a few of us!

Offline Twynkle

« Reply #2 on: Jul 03, 2010, 07:54 AM »
Hi Tony
and Welcome on board!
It's great that you have joined us.
How good that you have some pictures, specially around the time of the refit - as well as of QE2 in the 1970's
When you've got time 'for digging' we'll all enjoy your 'finding'!
Many thanks.
Rosiue

Offline Tony

• QE2 Crew member
  • Mauretania Diner (Early sitting)
  • Photog, 1976 and 1987
« Reply #3 on: Jul 04, 2010, 06:04 AM »
not many escaped having a picture taken.
One time, I was shooting embarkation in New York, and while it was quiet i was playing with the camera.
Heard someone approach, stopped them before I looked.
Rod Stewart and Britt Eklund no less.

Welcome to the forum!   If you were onboard in the mid-70's to 80's, my family traveled on QE2 in '74, '77 and '79 in that timeframe. You probably snapped a few of us!

Offline Janice Naylor

« Reply #4 on: Oct 16, 2010, 06:19 AM »
Hi Tony - I was on the QE2 in the spring of 1978 and just posted a picture in this site's gallery of a photo taken boarding the QE2 in Southampton.  Maybe you were the one who took it.  What a small world that would be.

Janice
Whenever I hear a sea story I think of the first time I saw the QE2 and the great adventures that followed.

Offline Tony Secker

« Reply #5 on: Jan 09, 2011, 04:06 AM »
I was a photographer on board in the 70's & 80's just found this site. Wow this brings back memories...Robert Knowles I remember well.
Anybody else remember me?

Offline Isabelle Prondzynski

« Reply #6 on: Jan 29, 2011, 09:49 AM »
Hello Tony Secker -- great to have another photographer on board! You probably have quite a few amusing memories...  ;D

Offline Louis De Sousa

• QE2 Crew member
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • QE2 The Greatest Ship Ever
« Reply #7 on: Jan 31, 2011, 05:00 PM »
Hello and welcome looking forward for those photos and stories

Louis

Offline Rod

« Reply #8 on: Jul 23, 2011, 03:11 PM »
Tony Secker!!! MAN OH MAN you took some great pics. I have a wonderful pic that you took in Gerainger fijord from a launch.
 Apart from the Kodak name on the back of the pic...you couldn't tell if the pic was upside down or not. The reflection of the ship in the water. Sadly the sun got to the pic.