Author Topic: June 2024 : QE2 Bars and Cocktails  (Read 439 times)

Online Isabelle Prondzynski

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
    • prondis_in_kenya
June 2024 : QE2 Bars and Cocktails
« on: Jun 06, 2024, 09:14 AM »
The theme for this month's photo competition is "QE2 Bars and Cocktails", chosen by Cunarder Man.

Photos could be of the bars themselves, with or without people, or they could be of the drinks (alcoholic or not) served in the bars during QE2's service with Cunard. Drinks served in the restaurants during meals will also be eligible.

Some pictures may already be in the QE2 Story Gallery -- if you would like to use any of those for the competition, just let the Moderators know, and we can enter them for you, without removing them from their original albums.

Your description should if possible give some information about when and where the photo was taken.

Photos entered should be your own, or if not, please post them with permission of the photographer, mentioning the name for copyright reasons, and so that the owner can be credited.

Enjoy the search and the memories!

How to enter

The album is open -- so now is the time to look for your three most interesting pictures on this theme. Wishing you happy memories as you search your photo collection to find up to three pictures to upload to the competition album.

This link will take you straight there : QE2 Bars and Cocktails.

If you have not uploaded photos to the Forum Gallery for a while, have a look at these instructions, and if you have any problems or would like us to move a photo from the Gallery into the competition, just contact us on admin@theqe2story.com.

If it helps, you could email the photos to the above address, and we shall gladly upload them for you.

The deadline for submitting photos is 1 July 2024. Voting will run from the beginning of August 2024 until 1 September 2024, until everyone's time zone has caught up with the closing date.

We look forward to seeing your photos in this competition. 

This is the sixth month of photos for the 2025 calendar. Maybe your photo will figure there :) .

Enjoy yourselves!

Online Lynda Bradford

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
Re: June 2024 : QE2 Bars and Cocktails
« Reply #1 on: Jun 06, 2024, 09:41 AM »
Thanks for posting information about the theme for the June competition QE2 Bars and Cocktails.  Good opportunity to see pictures of the bars and the drinks served. 

Time to look at the QE2 photos and choose my three favourites. 
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank

Online Lynda Bradford

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
« Reply #2 on: Jun 22, 2024, 10:34 AM »
Do you have photos of QE2 Bars or cocktails on QE2 that you would like to enter for this month's competition.  You can enter up to three pictures.  If you need help to upload photos contact us on admin@theqe2story.com and one of the moderators will advise or upload pictures on your behalf. 

Isabelle has posted instruction on the initial post
https://www.theqe2story.com/forum/index.php?topic=10303.msg124072#msg124072
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
« Reply #3 on: Jun 24, 2024, 04:40 PM »
I've just entered - sorry for the delay, life got in the way!

I've picked 3 photos from my collection that I don't think have ever seen the light of day, but capture one of my favourite moments on board.
Passionate about QE2's service life for 40 years and creator of this website.  I have worked in IT for 28 years and created my personal QE2 website in 1994.

Online Lynda Bradford

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
« Reply #4 on: Jun 30, 2024, 10:18 AM »
There is still time to enter photos for this month's competition QE2 Bars and Cocktails.  Enter up to three of your best pictures before 1 July.

Easy to follow instruction in the post at the top of this topic

Poll June 2020 : Surprise

Started by Isabelle ProndzynskiBoard Archived Topics (older calendars)

Replies: 12
Views: 1164
Last post Aug 01, 2020, 01:57 AM
by June Ingram
Captain G E Smith (12 June 1969)

Started by Lynda BradfordBoard Captains of the QE2

Replies: 0
Views: 2934
Last post Aug 18, 2013, 11:52 AM
by Lynda Bradford
Marine Accident Investigation Branch (MAIB) report: Steam accident, 23 June 2002

Started by holynougatBoard The 2000s

Replies: 4
Views: 2468
Last post Feb 13, 2015, 04:55 PM
by Alan Snelson
Alex visiting QE2 Hotel - June 2022

Started by Rob LightbodyBoard QE2 Hotel Dubai (2018 onwards)

Replies: 37
Views: 3074
Last post Sep 16, 2022, 07:09 PM
by Thomas Hypher
QE2 Southampton departure June July 1969

Started by Lynda BradfordBoard 1969 and the 1970s

Replies: 10
Views: 5202
Last post Dec 28, 2020, 09:09 PM
by Lynda Bradford