Author Topic: Isn't she beautiful!!! (a parade of ugly cruise ships!)  (Read 77648 times)

Offline skilly56

Re: Isn't she beautiful!!! (a parade of ugly cruise ships!)
« Reply #225 on: Nov 29, 2022, 11:59 AM »
That is NOT a ship!    It is an inhabitable turtle!

The hull drag will be horrendous - they will have to put air-bubbling systems under the four legs and the body.
Whenever the thing starts rolling, the people in the end cabins on the arms & legs will be ejected through the deckheads!
And the beam of the thing is so great it will be impossible to get into most ports.

I cannot see any engine exhausts anywhere so I guess they will be where any turtle normally has his overboard discharge!

Once into any sort of a seaway, the loadings on the attachment points of those front & back legs will be into the not-going -to-last-long-territory!  Who dreams these idiotic ideas up anyway?
« Last Edit: Nov 29, 2022, 12:11 PM by skilly56 »

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
« Reply #226 on: Nov 29, 2022, 01:08 PM »

The hull drag will be horrendous - they will have to put air-bubbling systems under the four legs and the body.
Whenever the thing starts rolling, the people in the end cabins on the arms & legs will be ejected through the deckheads!
And the beam of the thing is so great it will be impossible to get into most ports.

I cannot see any engine exhausts anywhere so I guess they will be where any turtle normally has his overboard discharge!

Once into any sort of a seaway, the loadings on the attachment points of those front & back legs will be into the not-going -to-last-long-territory!  Who dreams these idiotic ideas up anyway?

So just to be clear, you're not a fan?  8)
Passionate about QE2's service life for 40 years and creator of this website.  I have worked in IT for 28 years and created my personal QE2 website in 1994.

Offline Chris Thompson

« Reply #227 on: Nov 30, 2022, 02:56 AM »

I love seeing a real engineers opinion of these pi in the sky ship designs😀👍

Offline Rod

« Reply #228 on: Nov 30, 2022, 12:49 PM »
Trouble is Chris,  somebody usually tries to build them! AND some sucker like Carnival will order 3 of them with options o0n 2 mkore twice the size!